Anadolu Shipyard has started sea tests of the second armed training ship for the Qatar Navy. QTS 92 Al Shamal, the second of two military training ships built by Anadolu Shipyard (ADİK) for the Qatar Navy, met the sea in December 2020. The first ship within the scope of the program, AL DOHA, arrived in Qatar. As of August 25, 2021, the Qatari flag was hoisted on AL DOHA by the ship's crew.
Armed training ships are in the OPV (Offshore Patrol Ship) class with a weight of 2150 tons and a length of 90 meters. AL DOHA is the first military ship of this size to be built and exported in Turkey. Anadolu Shipyard continues its efforts to build 5 more ships for the Qatar Navy.
A contract was signed between ADIK and the Qatar Navy at the Doha International Maritime Defense Fair and Conference held in March 2018 in Qatar for the construction of two military training ships. 72 military students will receive training on the ship, which was designed by Anadolu Shipyard. The ships also have a helipad.
The production schedule of the project, which includes the construction of two Armed Training Ships (CTS) for the Qatar Navy, started on February 25, 2019. the first of the ships “AL DOHA” Delivered on August 25, 2021. the second ship "AL SHAMAL" It is planned to start duty in the Qatar Navy in 2022.
Ships being built under the supervision of Türk Loydu in accordance with Türk Loydu Military Ship Rules will be certified by Türk Loydu.
Anadolu Shipyard Armed Training Ship (CTS)
The ships, all of which were designed nationally by Anadolu Shipyard, are capable of helicopter operations day and night, and have the opportunity to provide fire support and emergency medical services. Combat System design and integration of the ships are also carried out by Anadolu Shipyard. There are two fully functional bridges for training purposes on the ships, whose hull is high-strength steel and the superstructure is aluminum with a domestic and original design.
Armed training ships;
- It is of OPV design and has a full length of approximately 90 meters, a width of 14.2 meters and a displacement of 2150 tons.
- Its top speed is 22 knots and its economic speed is 15 knots.
- It can stay at sea for 15 days without refueling and has a range of more than 2000 nautical miles.
- The ship is equipped for a total of 150 personnel and will be able to provide all kinds of operational and sensor-weapon use training with 66 students and 76 instructors, apart from 8 ship personnel.
- Ships; Apart from their training duties, they will have the opportunity and ability to perform Logistics Support, Accompaniment and Patrol duties.