Istanbul's earthquake and tsunami threat will be discussed at the hosting of IMM. Expert people and institutions will come together at the 'November 5 World Tsunami Awareness Day Event'. In the program, which will feature pictures with the theme of 'Tsunami' shared by 5th, 6th and 7th grade students, things to know about the tsunami, preventive projects and risks will be discussed.
Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (IMM) will host the experts and institutions of the subject in order to draw attention to the earthquake and tsunami risks of the city. The meeting, which will take place at the İBB Bakırköy Additional Service Building, will be held on November 5, as part of the 'World Tsunami Awareness Day'. In the program, where the opening speeches will start at 10.00:XNUMX, what should be known about the tsunami, preventive projects and risks will be discussed. International participants will connect to the program via the online application.
EXPERTS WILL TALK
The meeting, which aims to draw attention to the earthquake and tsunami threat of Istanbul; IMM Earthquake Risk Management and Urban Improvement Department Earthquake and Soil Investigation Directorate in cooperation with Boğaziçi University Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute (KRDAE), Middle East Technical University (METU), Japan International Cooperation Agency (JICA) and with the contributions of Istanbul Oğuzkaan College will happen.
CHILDREN'S PAINTING EXHIBITION
The 5th of November World Tsunami Awareness Day Event will also host an exhibition of students' drawings. The pictures shared by the students of Istanbul Oğuzkaan College with the theme of 'Tsunami' will be shown to the participants with the presentation.
“WORLD TSUNAMI AWARENESS DAY
Since 5, events have been held in our country for the World Tsunami Awareness Day on November 2016, in accordance with the decision of the United Nations General Assembly and the circular of the Intergovernmental Oceanographic Commission. Attention is drawn to the causes and risks of the tsunami, as well as to the right policies and measures.
- Date: Friday, November 5, 2021
- Place: İBB Bakırköy Additional Service Building
- 10.00 – 10.05 Kemal DURAN (IMM Earthquake and Soil Investigation Manager)
- 10.05 – 10.10 Tayfun KAHRAMAN (IMM Head of Earthquake Risk Management and Urban Improvement Department)
- 10.10 – 10.15 Dr. Haluk ÖZENER (Director of Kandilli Observatory and Earthquake Research Institute)
- 10.15 – 10.25 İBB-DEZİM and Oğuzkaan College, Tsunami Painting Exhibition
- 10.25 – 10.45 Things to Know About Tsunami (Prof. Dr. A. Cevdet YALÇINER, METU)
- 10.45 – 11.05 Istanbul Province Tsunami Action Plan Implementation Projects (Kemal DURAN, IMM-DEZİM)
- 11.05 – 11.25 Istanbul's Tsunami Resilience in the Framework of KRDAE Tsunami Early Warning System and Multiple Disaster Risk Reduction Approach (Dr. Öcal NECMIOĞLU, KRDAE-BDTİM)
- 11.25 – 11.45 Real Time Tsunami Monitoring System in Japan (Prof. Dr. Yoshiyuki KANEDA,
- Japan International Cooperation Agency/JICA)
- 11.45 – 12.00 Evaluation and Closing