Global Investment Holdings A.Ş made a notification regarding the Las Palmas cruise ports tender.
The statement made to the Public Disclosure Platform (KAP) is as follows:
”Global Ports Holding Plc (GPH), the indirect subsidiary of our company, has submitted the tender of the joint venture Global Ports Canary Islands S.L (GPCI), in which it has 80% stake, for the tender for the operating concession of Las Palmas cruise ports in the Canary Islands. Las Palmas has informed our company that it has been selected as the best offer by the Port Authority. The other 20% shareholder of GPCI is Sepcan, a family-owned company that has been providing services to the port of Las Palmas in the Canary Islands since 1936 and has focused on areas such as mooring, baggage and passenger services since 1998, and also operates in marine environmental issues. S.L. (Sepcan) Said concessions cover Las Palmas de Gran Canaria, Arrecife (Lanzarote) and Puerto del Rosario (Fuerteventura) cruise ports, and the concession periods for these ports are 40 years, 20 years and 20 years, respectively. If the concession is acquired, GPH will use its global experience and operating model to manage the cruise port operations of Gran Canaria, Lanzarote and Fuerteventura. In addition, with the possible concession rights, the number of cruise ports operated and managed by GPH will increase to 22, while the cruise passenger capacity is expected to exceed 15 million passengers per year – including the minority ports in the portfolio. In the next period, GPH, GPCI and Port Authority will negotiate and work on concession agreements, and the signing of the agreements depends on the agreement of the parties on the contract provisions. Although it is not possible to make a definite judgment on the timing and whether the final conditions will be met, it is expected that the concession rights will start to be exercised before the end of the first quarter of next year. Developments on the subject will continue to be shared with the public.”
Günceleme: 10/11/2021 14:23