Sirkeci, which was seen as the gateway to abroad from the European side in Turkey until recently, and Haydarpaşa, which is used by those living in Anatolia to come to Istanbul, are still among the important buildings of Istanbul, and even the country, with their architecture.
While the train stations, which are the first entry points for many passengers in the world, are still among the most important buildings of those cities, London-based travel news site Love Exploring listed the most beautiful train stations in the world.
Here are 35 of the 10 most beautiful train stations in the world, including Sirkeci and Haydarpaşa:
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminal, Mumbai, India
- Grand Central Terminal, New York, USA
- Liège-guillemins, Liège, Belgium
- Dunedin Station, Dunedin, New Zealand
- Antwerp Central Station, Belgium
- Milan Central Station, Italy
- Istanbul Sirkeci Station, Turkey
- Maputo, Mozambique
- Madrid Atocha, Spain
- Haydarpasa Train Station, Istanbul, Turkey