Afyonkarahisar Mayor Mehmet Zeybek's investments that add value to the city continue, Afyonkarahisar continues to develop. The Highways Underpass work, which will provide comfortable and safe travel opportunities and reduce the traffic density of Afyonkarahisar, is progressing at full speed. After the feverish work, the construction of the underpass was 70 percent complete. The teams are working feverishly to complete the remaining 30 percent quickly.
Under the direction and leadership of Mayor Mehmet Zeybek, who continues the road widening and construction works at many points in the center and surrounding neighborhoods, the underpass works at the Highway Junction, which will reduce the traffic density, continue at full speed.
INFRASTRUCTURE COMPLETED, FRAGILY WORK CONTINUES
Within the scope of the underpass works, in the first stage, the displacement processes of drinking water, sewage, rain water, electricity and internet lines have been completed. The underpass, which is starting to come to light, will be a project worthy of Afyon, which will ease the regional traffic. Concrete foundation is laid before asphalt in order to prevent damage such as slipping, collapse or settlement in the underpass, which is suitable for the passage of tonnage vehicles. The curtain wall process of the passage, whose infrastructure works have been completed, continues rapidly. On the other hand, measures were taken against floods and inundations. Raids will be prevented with the water tank to be placed in the passage. In addition, the prefabricated bridge beams of the underpass were also completed. The Highway Junction Underpass work, which was carried out with the motto of safe traffic and safe life, will be completed in a short time and will be put into service of our citizens. Providing information about the latest status of the works, Mayor Mehmet Zeybek stated that the upper deck beams will start to be mounted this weekend and that they aim to complete the works before 31 December 2021.