Marmaray, which provides great convenience to Istanbul's transportation problem, has been traveling by millions of people since the day it was opened. Although it is complained about being expensive, it is a frequently preferred means of transportation in terms of comfort and speed. Yes, ticket prices are high in Marmaray, which is under the Ministry of Transport, but there is also the opportunity to travel free of charge on the trains of Marmaray and TCDD. So who can ride Marmaray for free? Who has the right to ride the trains for free in TCDD?
Who can ride Marmaray for free?
According to the law numbered 4736 and its other annexes, those who will benefit from free transportation services in Marmaray vehicles are as follows;
1- “With the card issued by the TR Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services;”
- Passengers with 40% or more disabilities;
- Accompanying passengers with severe disabilities, not more than once;
- Those who are disabled in war and duty and those who receive a monthly pension from the military service, their spouses, parents and unmarried children under 25 years of age;
- The spouses, parents and unmarried children of the martyrs under the age of 25;
- State athletes;
2- Citizens of the Republic of Turkey, all elderly people over the age of 65
3- Children up to the age of 6 (under the age of 7), on the condition that they are born and accompanied by a passenger.
4- Pursuant to the provision of Article 7179 of the Law No. 40, on the condition that the conscripts and non-commissioned officers present their military IDs until their discharge.
5- Our passengers, who are entitled to discounted and free travel, must show their documents to the officials.
Apart from the above-mentioned qualifications, free travel is not possible on Marmaray vehicles.
Tariffs and discounts to be applied on Marmaray trains are determined by the Istanbul Transportation Coordination Center (UKOME), provided that they are not against the scope of the law numbered 4736; TCDD Transportation Inc. implemented by.
Who can ride the trains for free in TCDD?
These are the transportations made in accordance with international agreements and laws. Passengers who are entitled to free travel by the relevant laws, by presenting the "FREE" Travel Cards issued by the TR Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services for their travels on passenger trains,
- disabled passengers;
- Disabled identity cards issued by the Prime Ministry Administration for Disabled People,
- Disabled identity cards issued by the TR Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services,
- Identity card with the inscription "There is a Right of Companion in Transportation" issued by the TR Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services for the severely handicapped,
- By showing the Identity Card with the disability rate,
- Pursuant to the agreements made with foreign railway administrations, foreign railway employees may submit their permits and travel free of charge.
Passengers who want to benefit from these discounts and have the necessary qualifications have been taken from the relevant institution and sent to TCDD Taşımacılık A.Ş. It is required to submit the documents accepted by the company at the time of sale and at the controls. Otherwise, the provisions of "ticket on the train" are applied.
If there is no separate provision in the law, the necessary documents, voyages, classes, number of places to be allocated and sales rules for the application of the discount, are provided by TCDD Taşımacılık A.Ş. determined by.
In some cases, passengers who will benefit from free travel as required by law, TCDD Taşımacılık A.Ş. It is required to have a record in the customer relationship management system or the institution to which it is affiliated. If the passenger does not have a registration, they cannot benefit from the discounts.
For journeys to be made with statutory discounts, the right to discount covers only the travel fee. The fee for the service requested by the passenger is also collected.