The scandals do not end on the Ankara-Sivas High Speed Train line, which was planned to be opened on September 4, 2021 by the President and AK Party Chairman Recep Tayyip Erdoğan, but was postponed and approximately 20 billion TL has been spent so far.
CHP Sivas Deputy Ulaş Karasu, who said that there were collapses on the line, the opening of which was postponed for the seventh time, said, "No one knew the reason for the postponement until now. Everyone said 'it didn't catch up', but it seems that there is a problem with the bridge floors. Again, we are faced with a subcontractor scandal,” he said.
The opening of the Ankara-Sivas High Speed Train (YHT) line, which has not been finished for 2008 years, although the foundation was laid by the State Railways in 13, was postponed for the seventh time. CHP Party Assembly Member and Sivas Deputy Ulaş Karasu suggested that the reason for the postponement of the opening was the collapse of the line due to the ground studies not done on time.
SözcüAccording to Orhan Bozkurt's report, the opening ceremony of the Sivas-Ankara YHT line would be held on September 4, the anniversary of the Sivas Congress. Sivas Governor Salih Ayhan and Mayor Hilmi Bilgin visited Sivas Station on Wednesday and checked the final preparations for the ceremony, which will also be attended by President and AKP Chairman Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. But unexpectedly, the opening was delayed.
“YOU CANNOT GET OUT OF THE JOB BY REMOVING GENERAL MANAGERS”
The foundation of the Ankara-Sivas YHT line was laid in 9 with a budget of 2008 billion TL. It was claimed that there were collapses on the bridge in Yaraşbeli - Karakaya location, 20 kilometers from Yıldızeli district of the line, for which approximately 25 billion TL has been spent so far. CHP Sivas Deputy Ulaş Karasu, who examined the YHT bridges and line, reminded that TCDD General Manager Ali İhsan Uygun was dismissed with the decision of President and AKP Chairman Recep Tayyip Erdoğan published in the Official Gazette, and said:
In the investigations we made on the route, we saw that ground improvement works are being carried out. Now, while this line was being built, weren't ground studies done along the route? The period when these ground improvements should be made is the period when the construction starts. Who will pay for this? You cannot get out of this business by dismissing the General Managers. It is the government, the officials of the government, who must be held accountable here. It is the esteemed President who constantly comes to Sivas and gives speeches.
“SIDED CONTRACTOR APPROACH IS BANKRUPT, WHO WILL TAKE THE ACCOUNT FOR IT?”
CHP's Karasu made the following statements to SÖZCÜ:
* It was announced that the Ankara-Sivas High Speed Train Line will be opened on September 4. However, the line could not be reached to the specified date and the General Manager of State Railways was dismissed. There is a bridge crossing of the High Speed Train Line, approximately 55 kilometers from Sivas, of the Sivas-Ankara High Speed Train route. Unfortunately, we found that there is settlement on the bridge and ground improvement work has been started. It has been 8 years since this bridge was built.
We see that the necessary tests of the bridge were not carried out and ground improvements were not made. Now who will pay for this? The mentality that constantly talks about merit and service and says 'we know' has gone bankrupt. Although the tender was made for 13 billion TL, which is expected to be completed in 5 years, which has been under construction for 9 years, the understanding of the pro-contractor on the Ankara-Sivas High Speed Train route, which is said to have exceeded 20 billion TL at the moment, has gone bankrupt.
ANKARA-SİVAS YHT LINE CAUSED A CRISIS IN AKP GOVERNMENT
Since the Ankara-Sivas YHT line could not be completed for years, it also caused a crisis within the AKP Government.
President Erdoğan, at the rally he held in Sivas before the local elections in 2019, said, “The Minister of Transport is also here. If he does not follow the work, if he does not finish it, thank you, goodbye," Minister Cahit Turhan warned in front of his people. Addressing the Minister of Transport, Turhan, in a program he attended in Sivas about 7 months after the elections, Erdoğan said, “According to him, I have conveyed the promise I received from you here. We'll hold tight. Now the ball is out of me. If he does not fulfill his promise, we will pull the rope differently, according to him," he said.
Cahit Turhan, Minister of Transport and Infrastructure, dismissed by President Erdoğan on March 29, 2020, became the first minister of the Presidential Government System to be dismissed. President Erdoğan dismissed TCDD General Manager and Chairman of the Board, Ali İhsan Uygun, with the decree published in the Official Gazette on September 4.