Aesthetic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Specialist Op. Dr. Emre Üregen gave information about the subject. Although the reasons for coming to us about regional overweight patients are usually aesthetic concerns, undoubtedly, overweight and further obesity are a serious burden for the body. Regional excess fat in the body is a problem that we worry more about when we restrict our choice of clothes and are dissatisfied with our image in the mirror, and although we usually look for a solution in an aesthetic operation, on the one hand, excess body fat can also lead to diseases that are difficult to recover. What are the causes of obesity?
Excess weight, which causes obesity, paves the way for many diseases from cardiovascular diseases to diabetes.
The harms of being overweight/obesity are as follows:
- Lack of motivation in daily activities, work/school life
- Constant state of fatigue
- Discomfort in the joints, especially the knees
- Hip and spine pain
- Backaches and posture disorders due to enlarged breasts from excess weight in women
- Being out of breath without effort
- Having trouble climbing stairs
- Difficulty in brisk walking, unable to run
- Increased weight gain due to limitation of movement
- Lack of clothes and having to wear oversized clothes
- Looking older than your age
- Loss of self-confidence in social life, possible psychological disorders
Causes of obesity
There are many reasons that predispose to obesity. These include a sedentary lifestyle and consuming more calories than the body can burn. In addition, genetic predisposition, insulin resistance, hypoglycemia, stress, hormonal disorders (growth hormone, thyroid, pituitary and adrenal gland problems) are also factors that trigger obesity.
The main problem is that the adipose tissue increases and reveals the problem of excess weight.
Today, unfortunately, we see that childhood obesity is increasing due to the increase in the tendency to fast food and similar unbalanced nutrition. Unless precautions are taken, overweight children are unfortunately more prone to diseases such as diabetes, cardiovascular diseases, hypertension and cancer at an early age.
For this reason, it will be the best option to prevent excess weight with measures such as regular and balanced nutrition and directing to sports activities.
Günceleme: 10/09/2021 11:28