📩 20/08/2021 11:01
İzmir Metropolitan Municipality has completed the construction of 2 viaducts, 2 highway underpasses and an overpass at a rate of 80% within the scope of the first phase of the giant project that will provide a connection between Buca and İzmir Intercity Bus Terminal without entering the city traffic. 25 companies submitted bids for the tender held for the completion of the Buca Tunnel and other stages, which constitute the second phase of the project.
Izmir Metropolitan Municipality continues its works to complete the "Buca Tunnel", one of the important legs of the project, which will provide uninterrupted transportation between Buca and Bornova. Due to the withdrawal of the contractor company, a tender was held again for the rapid completion of the tunnel construction, which was left unfinished. Along with the tender for the tunnel construction, 2 companies submitted bids to the tender held for the completion of 8 underpasses, 5 culverts, 2 intersections, 25 overpasses and walls in the third and fourth stages of the project. After the evaluation of the tender commission, the winning company will be announced in the coming days.
The tunnel construction will facilitate access to the intercity bus terminal from Konak with the viaducts that are planned to be completed by the end of the year. The total length of the project, which will give a breath of fresh air to urban traffic, will reach 7,1 kilometers. When the tunnel is completed, it will have the title of the longest road tunnel in İzmir.
The companies participating in the tender are as follows:
- Barankaya İnş. Hafr. commitment Fuel Maden Gıda San. Trade Inc.
- Dido – Ray Yapı San. Trade A.Ş – İnelsan İnş. elect. Singing. ve Tic. A.Ş (Joint Partnership)
- Deha Infrastructure A.Ş-Feza Contracting. A.Ş (Joint Partnership)
- Achim Construction Tic. and San. Ltd. Sti.
- Neoray İnş. Singing. ve Tic. A.Ş-Ege Rail Systems Inc. – Potenza İnşaat A.Ş (Joint Partnership)
- Özkar İnşaat San. ve Tic. Inc.
- Yüksel İnşaat A.Ş-Makimsan Asphalt Contracting. Construction Industry. ve Tic. A.Ş (Joint Partnership)
- Emiroglu Ins. commitment Singing. ve Tic. A.Ş – Budakyol İnş. Singing. ve Tic. A.Ş (Joint Partnership)
- Mursel Construction Industry. ve Tic. Ltd. Sti. – Bertoğlu Construction Ltd. Sti. (Business partnership)
- İntekar Yapı Turizm Elektrik İnşaat San. ve Tic. Ltd. Sti.
- Adfa Commit. Ins. Eng. Singing. ve Tic. A.Ş-Enez İnşaat San. and Tic. A.Ş (Joint Partnership)
- Ziver Petrol A.S.
- KCT Road Building Construction Trade Inc.
- BTS Contracting Cons. Infrastructure Industry. ve Tic. A.Ş – Nil Construction Materials Cons. Trade A.Ş (Joint Partnership)
- Cengiz Construction Industry. ve Tic. Inc.
- Pers Construction Cons. Fuel Health Service. Tourism Transport Industry. ve Tic. A.Ş – Bergiz İnşaat A.Ş (Joint Partnership)
- Soner Temel Eng. Ins. ve Tic. A.Ş-Yapıyol İnşaat Madencilik Turizm San. ve Tic. Inc.
- Ilgar Taş Yapı A.Ş – Astro Upper Construction Inc. (Joint Partnership)
- 58 Building Cons. A.Ş – Burakcan İnş. ve Tic. Ltd. Sti (Joint Partnership)
- AB İş Makinaları İnş. Shipping Industry ve Tic. A.Ş – Öz Er – Ka İnş. Tourism. Electricity Contract. Tic and San. A.Ş (Joint Partnership)
- Gülermak Heavy Industry Cons. and Contracting Inc.
- KZK Construction Inc.
- Limak Construction Industry. ve Tic. Inc.
- Kiska – Kom İnş. ve Tic. A.Ş – Özka İnş. A.Ş (Joint Partnership)
- TEB Energy A.Ş – B. Ergünler Yol Yapı İnş. commitment Mining Cash. San ve Tic. A.Ş (Joint Partnership)
Its length is 2.5 kilometers
İzmir's longest tunnel will be constructed within the scope of the second phase of the “Connection Road Project between Buca-Onat Street and Intercity Bus Terminal and Ring Road Project”. The length of the deep double tube tunnel will be 2,5 kilometers and it will serve as a total of four lanes, 2 departures and 2 arrivals. The tunnel will be 7,5 meters high and 10,6 meters wide. 850 viaducts, 2 underpasses and 2 overpass are being built on the 1-meter route within the scope of the First Stage supply work of the Construction of a Connection Road between Izmir Metropolitan Municipality Buca Onat Street and the Intercity Bus Terminal and the Ring Road. 80% of the construction has been completed.
The 2.5 km deep double tube tunnel to be completed between Buca Ufuk District and Bornova Çamkule will also be the “longest road tunnel, all within the city limits”. The people of Izmir are still using Bayraklı 1 Tunnel is 320 meters, Konak Tunnel is 674 meters, Bayraklı 2 Tunnels are 865 meters long.
Construction begins after the tender process is completed.
Together with the tender for the tunnel construction, the tender for the constructions of two underpasses, 8 culverts, 5 intersections, 2 overpasses and walls in the third and fourth stages of the project was held together. It is aimed to solve the traffic problems in the region by providing connection to the neighborhoods of , Hürriyet, Mehtap and Çamlık. In this context, 850 intersections, an underpass, a culvert and a wall will be manufactured. The 3th phase of the project; It covers the 4-meter section between the 1st stage, which is still under construction, and the tunnel. At this stage, 773 intersections, 2 overpasses, an underpass, 2 culverts and walls will be built. At this stage, the works will begin in the 7-meter section of the 773-meter section. The productions, which will start after the completion of the tender process, will be completed in 750 years.
The construction works in the tunnel, of which approximately 4735 meters were completed, stopped in August 250, after the contractor company, which received the tunnel tender, applied for the liquidation of the work based on the temporary fourth article of the Law No. 2019, titled "Liquidation and Transfer of Contracts".
The bus station will be reached without entering the city traffic
The 7,1-kilometer route is 35 meters wide and consists of a total of 3 lanes divided into 3 arrivals and 6 departures, and a 2,5-kilometer double tube deep tunnel. With the tunnel and viaduct project, Çamlık, Mehtap, İsmetpaşa, Ufuk, Ferahlı, Ulubatlı, Mehmet Akif, Saygı, Atamer, Çınartepe, Center, Zafer, Birlik, Koşukavak, Çamkule, Meriç, Yeşilova and Karacaoğlan neighborhoods are crossed and from Bornova Kemalpaşa Street to the Otogar 'Bus Station'. A link will be provided. Vehicles passing through the longest tunnel of İzmir via Homeros Boulevard and Onat Street will be able to reach the Bus Station and the ring road without getting into the heavy traffic of the city. When the giant investment is completed, urban traffic will be relieved, and Homeros Boulevard in Buca will be connected to İzmir Bus Terminal in Işıkkent without entering the city traffic.