Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Specialist Associate Professor Ahmet İnanır gave important information on the subject. Sitting at home for long hours, working in uncomfortable conditions and being inactive during the coronavirus period adversely affected our spine health. In addition, changing dietary habits brought excess weight with it. However, now is the time to start sports to get rid of both spine health and excess weight in the period when the restrictions are lifted. There are points to be considered while exercising.
Here are the points to be considered while doing sports;
- If you are going to do sports, you should not be on a full stomach. Exercising on an empty stomach protects you from life risks, especially in hot weather.
- Adequate water consumption is very important in sports. Because it is necessary to have sufficient water in the discs, which act as shock absorbers in the spine while moving or standing. While the disc in the spine carries the load, it gives out the water in the environment. During rest, the disc takes back the water in the environment and acts as a sponge. If there is not enough water in the environment, the fibers surrounding the disc may wear out over time.
- In sports, warm-up-stretching, aerobic or muscle strengthening and cooling-stretching application is important for spine health.
- During exercise, contract your glutes and abs for 3-5 seconds with or without resistance to provide support to the spine, and then relax.
- Choosing clothes for outdoor sports is also important. Especially in summer, light-colored and cotton clothes should be preferred. Sunglasses and hats should also be used.
- You can benefit from potassium and vitamin C against sports cramps. For example, consuming 1 banana a day can meet your potassium needs.
- You should choose your sports shoes in a comfortable style.
- If you are doing weight lifting in sports, do not lift the weight to waist level or higher. Also, you should not hold your breath while lifting weights to reduce the pressure on the spine.
Günceleme: 06/07/2021 13:15