Another issue as important as a healthy and balanced diet is to maintain the body's fluid balance. The Sabri Ülker Foundation recommends consuming foods with high water content and drinking 2-2,5 liters of water daily, especially in summer, in order to maintain the body's fluid balance.
Water, which is indispensable for life, becomes an even more important need, especially in summer. While drinking approximately 2,5 liters of water a day is determined as ideal for a healthy body, fluid loss of the body can be prevented with an adequate and balanced diet, especially in hot summer months. The Sabri Ülker Foundation gives the following recommendations for a healthy life without disturbing the body's fluid balance:
- Take care to consume 2-2,5 liters of water daily.
- Make room in your meals for a variety of vegetables and fruits that get richer in the summer months. Give priority to foods with high water content such as cucumbers, tomatoes, zucchini, plums, apples, dark green leafy vegetables, freshly squeezed fruit juices.
- Limit the consumption of tea and coffee, which causes dehydration in the body.
- Avoid consuming foods with a very high salt content and do not add too much salt to your meals.
- Maintain your fluid balance by making room for dairy products with high water content such as ayran, yogurt or tzatziki to accompany your meals.
If you're having trouble drinking water, check out these suggestions:
- Trying to consume hot or cold,
- Consuming water instead of drinking with meals,
- Obtaining a water bottle that you can carry with you throughout the day,
- Adding fruits suitable for your taste such as slices of lemon, cucumber, mint or strawberry to make drinking water refreshing,
- Making a habit of drinking water after and during physical activity, Keeping the water carafe or jug in a place where you can see it all day long at home to remind you of water consumption.
5 ways to add flavor to your water!
You can prepare aromatic waters by adding fruits and vegetables to your hot or cold water for flavor. Let's take a look at the recipes together:
- Blackberry + mint
- Raspberry + cucumber
- Strawberry + fresh basil
- Chopped apple + cinnamon stick
- Pear slices + a drop of natural vanilla extract