“The Ministry of Interior sent a circular on“ Measures for the Month of Ramadan ”to 81 provincial governorships.
The circular on "Measures for the Month of Ramadan" sent to 81 provincial governorships from the Ministry of Interior made the following statements: According to the circular, all kinds of events and iftar tents that bring together crowded groups such as iftar and sahur will not be allowed.
In accordance with the Ramadan measures announced by the Directorate of Religious Affairs, the tarawih prayers will continue to be performed at home this year, as in the previous year.
Pita and bread production, including special orders in bakeries, will be ended 1 hour before iftar, only sales will be made until iftar time, production, sales and other preparation processes will continue after iftar.
Inspections for companies and businesses that make exorbitant prices on the occasion of Ramadan will be increased, and those who act contrary will be treated.
Necessary coordination between relevant institutions will be provided by governors and district governors to spend the month of Ramadan for solidarity and cooperation in accordance with its meaning.
The Ministry of Interior sent a circular on "Measures for the Month of Ramadan" to 81 provincial governorships. In the circular, it was stated that during the holy month of Ramadan, some behaviors, activities and practices that have become traditional due to their implementation from a long time ago will pose a risk in terms of combating the epidemic and public health as they increase social mobility.
In this context, the measures to be taken in the blessed Ramadan to be realized with the first tarawih to be performed on Monday, April 12, 2021, are listed as follows:
1. All kinds of events and iftar tents that bring together crowded groups such as iftar, sahur, where citizens participate collectively, will not be allowed. At this point, taking into account the high rate of domestic contamination in the spread of the epidemic, activities and announcements that will increase the awareness of citizens about not accepting guests for iftar or sahur will be given importance.
2. In accordance with the announcement of the Directorate of Religious Affairs, the tarawih prayers will continue to be performed at home this year, as in the previous year. On the other hand, in order not to increase the risk of the epidemic, it will be frequently announced to our citizens that it should not be gathered in various places, especially in homes, due to the tarawih prayer.
3. Regarding the sale of Ramadan pita and bread; During the month of Ramadan, pita and bread production, including special order production in bakeries, will be ended 1 hour before iftar in order to prevent the risk of pita queues and density that may occur during and just before iftar time, and only sales will be made until iftar time. Production, sales and other preparations will continue in bakeries after iftar.
4. In order for Ramadan to pass in an environment of peace and security, each province will evaluate its own dynamics and necessary measures will be taken throughout the province, taking into account the possible intensities that may occur during this period.
5. With the month of Ramadan, it will be ensured that the necessary precautions, especially the full implementation of the physical distance rules, will be taken by the authorized units against the risk of the increase in the tomb visits and the possible crowds.
6. Considering the traffic density that may occur before the iftar times, the necessary coordination with the municipalities will be provided at least 3 hours before the iftar time, and the number of vehicles and voyages used in public transportation will be increased.
7. In order to make controlled cemetery visits, which intensify during the month of Ramadan, the entrance and exit to the cemeteries will be planned separately, and the physical distance rule and controls on the use of masks will be emphasized.
8. Considering that the shopping intensity may increase before / during the month of Ramadan, all kinds of measures will be taken to protect the physical distance conditions in areas where crowds may occur, especially in markets and bazaars.
In this context, as stated in the circulars previously sent to the provinces, the number of customers that can be accepted at the same time for each shopping mall and district market will continue to be determined separately by the decision of the Provincial / District General Hygiene Boards and the audits will continue to be carried out accordingly.
9. The inspections of companies / businesses that use exorbitant prices by taking advantage of the month of Ramadan will be increased and in case of contradictory situations, necessary judicial / administrative actions will be taken immediately.
10. In the month of Ramadan, which is also a social responsibility month with the feelings of compassion and compassion it contains, the necessary coordination between the relevant institutions will be provided by the Governors and District Governors. Maximum effort will be made to provide all kinds of support to all citizens in need, especially orphans.
11.In this process, where we are all responsible to each other, the measures taken and the rules determined in order to keep the rate of spread of the epidemic under control and to reduce the number of daily cases throughout the country are fully complied with by all segments of the society and within the framework of dynamic control model, effective, planned and continuous audit activities will be continued.
In line with these principles, the decisions of the Provincial / District General Hygiene Boards will be taken urgently in accordance with Articles 27 and 72 of the General Hygiene Law. There will be no disruption in practice and no grievances will be caused. "