Before the Feminist Night March to be held in Taksim at the call of women in Istanbul, the Governorship of Istanbul announced that all roads leading to Taksim will be closed as of 14.00:14.00. Metro Istanbul also announced that Taksim station will be closed from XNUMX:XNUMX with the decision of the Governor's office.
With the decision of the Governorship of Istanbul, the Taksim station of the Yenikapı-Hacıosman metro line is the square entrance and F1 Taksim-Kabataş The funicular line will be shut down on March 8 (today) at 14.00:XNUMX.
In the announcement made on the social media account of Metro Istanbul, “In line with the decision taken by the Governorship of Istanbul, the Taksim station of the M2 Yenikapı-Hacıosman metro line is the square entrance and F1 Taksim-Kabataş The funicular line will be closed as of 8:14.00 on March XNUMX ”.
The governorship listed the ways to be closed and alternative ways as follows:
Roads to be Closed
- Sıraselviler Caddesi will be closed from Meşelik Street towards Taksim Square.
- Taksim Square (in front of kiosks) - The road connecting to Istiklal Street will be closed.
- Entry and exit from Refik Saydam Street to Asmalı Mescit Street, Ensiz Street - First Municipality Street intersection will be closed to traffic
- Balo Street - Turnacıbaşı Street intersection will be closed to traffic.
- Sadri Alışık Street - Atıf Yılmaz Street will be closed to traffic.
- The direction from Yeni Çarşı Caddesi, Kumbaracı Slope, Turnacıbaşı Street, Meşelik Street and Sadri Alışık Street to İstiklal Street will be closed to traffic.
- No current will be given to İstiklal, at the intersection of Yeni Çarşı Caddesi and İstiklal Caddesi.
- Taksim Tunnel entrance, entrance to İstiklal will be closed to traffic.
- Gumussuyu Street
- Tarlabaşı Boulevard
- Refik Saydam Street
- Sıraselviler Street