Michelin Establishes World's First Tire Recycling Facility

michelin builds the world's first tire recycling plant
michelin builds the world's first tire recycling plant

The world's largest tire manufacturer, Michelin, is establishing the world's first tire recycling facility to recycle end-of-life tires.



The recycling facility, which emerged as a result of a joint venture with the Swedish company Enviro, will begin to bring tires to the nature in 2023.

Environmentally friendly tire manufacturer Michelin has added a new one to its efforts for a sustainable world. Michelin, which manufactures with long-lasting tire technologies and supports the use of tires up to 1,6 mm, which is the legal limit, is establishing the world's first tire recycling facility to obtain carbon black, oil, steel and gas from tires that have reached the end of their useful life. The facility, which is a joint venture project with the Swedish company Enviro, will start serving nature in 2023.

Manufacturing with recycled raw materials

The tire recycling facility will support the circular economy with innovative processes. End-of-life tires will be collected directly from customers, then shredded and transported to the facility for recycling. The facility built in Chile will be able to recycle 30.000 tons of construction equipment a year, or about 60% of those tires that are discarded nationwide each year. 90% of the recycled materials will be reused in rubber products such as tires, conveyor belts and anti-vibration products. The remaining 10% will be directly reused by the facility for its own heat and energy generation. With the facility, Michelin will offer a comprehensive recycling solution, from the collection of end-of-life tires to the reuse of recycled raw materials in the manufacture of new products.

This joint venture with Enviro is a continuation of other initiatives and partnerships with pioneers in the field of recycling and sustainable materials. Behind many partnerships and initiatives joined by Michelin, it is aimed to create and develop recycling systems for both end-of-life tires and plastic waste.

Armin

Rail Industry Show 2020

sohbet

Be the first to comment

Comments