Epson introduced the fourth generation of smart glasses, the Moverio BT-10 and BT-40S, after 40 years of development. Both models project the image of the connected devices onto a transparent lens like a large screen. Moverio BT-40 and BT40S can even be used for surgeries in museums, theme parks, cinemas and healthcare sectors.
Global technology leader Epson introduced the fourth generation of augmented reality smart glasses after 10 years of development. Moverio BT-40 and BT-40S can be used as a giant monitor for connected devices with its transparent Si-OLED feature. It does this by reflecting the image onto the transparent lens. The Moverio BT-40 and BT40S can even be used in surgeries in museums, theme parks, cinemas and healthcare.
The new Moverio series, which includes the BT-40 and BT-40S smart glasses, includes a number of enhancements to users, including a wider field of view, significantly increased FULL HD screen resolution, high contrast, improved connectivity, and a more comfortably adjustable and easy-to-use design. .
Everywhere is the phone screen
Moverio BT-40 comes equipped with a USB Type-C connector. This means that it can be connected to a variety of compatible devices such as smartphones, tablets and laptops. It can be used for personal use as an external monitor or as a secondary or extended display, similar to a projector. The high resolution screen offers more vivid colors. The Moverio BT-40 has the advantage of a large, high-resolution screen that is only visible to the user, ideal for non-office users working in public areas where privacy and comfort are important.
There is also a camera and a flashlight
The new Moverio BT-40S includes the option of an Android-powered Smart Controller for custom software integration. The Moverio Smart Controller is compatible with Google Play and is tailor-made for a variety of commercial applications. Integrated touchscreen, customized user interfaces, up to 2TB of expandable memory and IPx2 rating for durability Control; It includes built-in Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS, compass, accelerometer, gyroscope, camera, flashlight, microphone and audio jack. It also has a high performance rechargeable battery capable of up to 5 hours of video playback.
Where can it be used?
Moverio BT-40S will offer a wide range of possibilities, especially in visitor experiences, health and visual arts:
- Museums, theme parks, historical sites and other tourist attractions… Because the transparent smart glasses offer enhanced immersive experiences without the need to detect using AR or a built-in camera.
- Theaters and cinemas that want to increase the audience experience and accessibility with better subtitle solutions by using a larger visual screen and enhanced user comfort can also use it.
- Suitable for use in dental applications and surgeries that will benefit from advanced dental scanning solutions.
More developed in the pandemic
“It's proud and exciting for Epson to launch our fourth generation Moverio augmented reality (AR) smart glasses,” says Valerie Riffaud-Cangelosi, Head of New Market Development, Epson Europe. We have been in the AR field for 10 years; We are constantly improving our products in response to customer and developer feedback. Over the past two years we have witnessed a significant increase in real and practical use cases of Moverio and our technology has matured. The pandemic has accelerated many applications by improving remote communication to provide better operational efficiency, lower costs and a lower carbon footprint. The latest products such as the BT-40S and BT-40 will allow even more applications to be launched as users take advantage of advanced features such as greater field of view, connectivity, resolution and contrast. ”
The highlights of the glasses:
- Increased screen resolution - Full HD 1080p (1920 x 1080).
- Wider 34 degree field of view (FOV) - equivalent to a 5 inch screen from a distance of 120 meters.
- The 500.000: 1 contrast ratio means the unused screen area appears truly transparent.
- New earbud design with improved weight distribution and optional nose pads for greater wearer comfort.
- Aesthetic design enhanced with eyeglass-style form factor and optional dark tones.
- USB Type-C connection for connection to external devices.
- Binocular, transparent, Si-OLED display