Battery, which is one of the most basic parts of vehicles, provides the transmission of electricity in your vehicle and enables the operation of certain parts of the vehicle and is one of the main elements that enable the vehicle to move. For this reason, if the battery is damaged, it means that you cannot drive your vehicle. So, what exactly does this piece so important for vehicles do and what can you do to stay on track if it ends? You can find all the details you need to know about the battery in the rest of the article.
What Does a Vehicle Battery Do?
Battery has 3 main functions
- The accumulator starts the vehicle and the vehicle draws energy from the battery to operate. Damage to the battery means that the vehicle will not start.
- The battery continues to produce energy even when the vehicle is not running. Because being ready to work depends on the energy it will get from the battery.
- All electrically operated parts and functions in the vehicle need energy from the battery. Whether the door lock can be used, the headlights can be turned on or the air conditioning and wipers work depends on this.
How To Tell That The Battery Is Running Out?
What Can We Do When The Battery Is Dead?
- You can start by asking for help from any vehicle first.
- Parking the two cars towards each other creates a position that facilitates the transfer by keeping the batteries close to each other.
- While connecting the positive end of the cable that you will provide reinforcement by opening the hood of both vehicles to the positive pole of the batteries; Connect the negative end of the cable to the negative pole of the batteries.
- After completing the connection process, you must first start the vehicle from which the current will be obtained. After keeping the vehicle at idle for a while, increase the speed of the vehicle by pressing the gas at certain intervals.
- Then try to start the vehicle whose battery is charged. If the vehicle starts, this means that current boost has started. If it doesn't work, give it time to charge for a while.
- Do not stop your vehicle after completing the reinforcement process. While the vehicle is running, the battery can charge itself. Therefore, by keeping your vehicle in motion for a while, you find the faith to fill up your battery.