Unknown Benefits of Citrus; Dietician Salih Gürel gave important information about the subject. Sweet, brightly colored citrus fruits bring sunlight into our lives on winter days. Citrus fruits are not only delicious and pleasant, but also a group of fruits that provide many health benefits.
Let's examine the endless benefits of citrus fruits, our natural saviors who protect us from diseases in the winter months with the vitamin C they contain, which has a sweet and sour taste in addition to their unique fragrances.
Benefits of Citrus
- It is rich in vitamins and minerals.
- They help in growth and development, and protect the health of the skin, eyes, teeth and gums. In addition, they are effective in the formation of resistance against diseases.
- They are also useful in body weight control, as they provide a feeling of fullness and help the intestines to work regularly.
- They reduce the risk of obesity and chronic diseases such as cardiovascular diseases, hypertension, and some types of cancer due to unbalanced nutrition.
- It is important to consume various colors and types of vegetables and fruits. Fruits also differ in their nutrients and amount. Therefore, their consumption should be diversified. Generally, fruits such as tangerine, orange, grapefruit and strawberries in the citrus group are rich in vitamin C, cherry, black grape, black mulberry and other antioxidants; Fruits such as bananas and apples are rich in potassium.
- It protects people from colds during the winter months.
- It has a high calcium content. Therefore, it is very useful for bones.
- It prevents the formation of stones in the kidneys and prevents the small stones present from adhering to the inner surface of the kidney.
- It helps the skin look brighter and younger.
- In case of fever caused by infection, it helps to reduce fever.
- It speeds up the metabolism. Therefore, it is effective against obesity.
- All citrus fruits, especially lemon, have a blood pressure lowering effect.
- It gives physical and mental vigor.
- It reduces drowsiness.
- It increases concentration.
- It helps increase blood production in bone marrow.
- Rich in antioxidants and flavonoids, citrus fruits help to weaken and support the immune system.
- Citrus fruits, which are known to be effective against inflammation, accelerate fat burning and help in weight control.
- It is good for anemia.