Zehra Zümrüt Selçuk, Minister of Family, Labor and Social Services, said that the deadline for new applications, which resumed as of December 1, 2020, was extended from December 31, 2020 to January 31, 2021, within the scope of the compelling short work application due to coronavirus.
Workplaces that did not apply before 31 December were also included
Stating that the workplaces that did not apply before December 31st, with the Presidential Decree, were allowed to apply, Minister Selçuk said, “If our workplaces that did not apply for Short Work Allowance until December 31st due to coronavirus, apply via e-government until January 31, 2021, for a period of 1 months for the period after January 2021, 3. They will be able to benefit from the Short Work Allowance ”.
Workplaces that previously benefited from subsidies will be able to request SSI for additional workers.
Minister Selçuk also mentioned the situation of the workplaces that previously benefited from the allowance. Stating that workplaces that applied for short work due to coronavirus until December 31st, they can also request Short Work Allowance for their additional workers; Selçuk also reminded that the periods paid as short work allowance will not be deducted from the unemployment benefits of the workers.
Applications will be made via e-Government
Announcing that short work applications can be made through e-Government until January 31, 2021, Minister Selçuk stated that for applications to be made after January 1, 2021, the start date of short-time work allowance can be reported as of January 1, 2021 or later.
Minister Selçuk also stated that the workplaces affected by the COVID-19 pandemic process applied for short work until 30/6/2020 and that the short working period was extended until 2/28/02 for 2021 months with the approval of our President. According to this; It was stated that this extension can also be used for the workers who were added within the scope of the applications made in the same workplaces until 31/12/2020.