Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality is opening the Mecidiyeköy-Mahmutbey Metro Line, the first driverless subway of the European Side, to the service of Istanbul residents from 14.00:10 today. In the first 352 days, free service will be provided, and 70 trips will be made a day. The line, which is also integrated with other public transportation vehicles, will be able to serve XNUMX thousand Istanbulites per hour in one direction.
IMM carried out a first in the design process of the line and made a test drive with disabled citizens. The entire line, where changes were made in line with the incoming requests, was made 100 percent suitable for disabled access. In vehicles, the so-called Induction Loop System will be broadcast at a frequency that only disabled individuals can hear through their hearing aids. In addition, all of the Platform Separator Door Systems (PAKS) used in the line consists of domestic production. Thus, a 50 percent cost advantage compared to imported products was achieved.
Integrated with Other Lines
M7 Mecidiyeköy - Mahmutbey line, Yenikapı-Hacıosman metro and metrobus at Mecidiyeköy station; By Topkapı-Masjid Selam tram at Karadeniz Mahallesi station; At Mahmutbey station, it will be integrated with Kirazlı-Olimpiyat-Başakşehir metro. When the Eminönü-Alibeyköy tram line is completed, it will be possible to transfer to this line from Alibeyköy station. In addition, when the metro line to Istanbul Airport is completed, it will be possible to reach the airport by transferring from Kağıthane station.
With the opening of Mecidiyeköy Mahmutbey metro, the length of the metro line in Istanbul is 172,25 kilometers; The use of rail systems in public transport will increase from 17,8 percent to 22,3 percent.
Mecidiyekoy Mahmutbey Metro Stations
Mecidiyeköy Mahmutbey metro stops, which are expected to be intense use, were a matter of curiosity by citizens who were sitting on the line route and thinking about using it. So, what are the M7 Mecidiyeköy Mahmutbey metro stops and where does it pass?
Here are the stops of the line;
- Çırçır District
- Veysel Karani-Aksemsettin
- Kazim Karabekir
- The Black Sea
- Fasting Reis
Mecidiyeköy Mahmutbey Metro Timetable
- 06.00 - 06.45 - 7,5 min.
- 06.45 - 22.00 - 6 minutes
- 22.00 - 00.00 - 7,5 min.
Mahmutbey Mecidiyeköy Metro Map
Istanbul Metro Lines Map
Istanbul Rail Systems Map
The M7 Line in Numbers
- Line length: 18 km
- Number of stations: 15
- Number of trains: 80
- One-way journey time: 32 minutes
- Travel frequency (on opening): 6 minutes
- Vehicle passenger capacity: 2.160 (1 set)
- Hourly passenger transport capacity in one direction: 70.000
- Number of districts where the line passes: 6
- Number of people it will serve: 3 million
- Emergency Response Personnel: 60
- Female Emergency Response Personnel: 17
- Number of escalators: 225
- Number of elevators: 108
- Number of turnstiles: 316
- Number of cameras: 1.192
M7 Mecidiyeköy-Mahmutbey Metro Line;
- 9th in Europe and 21st in the world for line length
- Ranked 24th in the world in number of stations
- Driverless metro train operation ranks 5th in the world with M7 in line length
- Ranked 2st in the world with 160 thousand 1 people in a single passage capacity