The 97th anniversary of Ankara's being the capital city was the scene of colorful celebration programs this year. After his visit to Anıtkabir, Mayor Yavaş, who attended the program held at the Turkish Historical Society, said, "Our Ankara will be a capital city worthy of the Republic forever." While the tags in which the historical and cultural places of Ankara are introduced were placed on the wagon handles in the rail systems, the Ankara Anthem was played on the Ankara Metro. The Metropolitan Municipality decorated the streets and boulevards with billboards, Turkish flags and Atatürk posters. While the music concert of Mehmet Üçer and his Orchestra performed at the Youth Park Theater was broadcast live on ABB TV and social media accounts, Ankara Castle was illuminated with Atatürk's eyes and photographs throughout the night.
Ankara Metropolitan Municipality hosted various programs throughout the day due to the 13th anniversary of Ankara's becoming the capital city of October 97th.
Visiting Anıtkabir with Ankara Governor Vasip Şahin, Metropolitan Mayor Mansur Yavaş also attended the "97th Anniversary Activities of Ankara's Being the Capital City" organized at the Turkish Historical Society (TTK) with the contributions of the Ankara Club Association.
PRESIDENT YAVAŞ: "ANKARA WILL BE A CAPITAL DECORATIVE TO THE REPUBLIC"
Culture and Tourism Minister Mehmet Nuri Ersoy, Ankara Governor Vasip Şahin, TTK President Prof. Dr. Birol Çetin, Head of Atatürk High Council of Culture, Language and History Prof. Dr. Speaking at the program attended by Muhammet Hekimoğlu, ATO President Gürsel Baran and Ankara Club Association President Metin Özarslan, Mayor Yavaş made important evaluations:
“We saw from the documentary that where did Ankara come from. We started working on restoring Çubuk Dam. During these studies, we came across some documents that… Ankara became the capital city under really difficult conditions and came to this day. Our task is to make Ankara, which Mustafa Kemal Atatürk and his comrades made the capital and entrusted us, compete with the world capitals. For this, I say, I hope he will live with our Republic forever. From our capital, I would like to express my respects to everyone who contributed and participated in this meeting, saying that this will be the capital forever in the Republic. "
Mayor Yavaş, who published a video with images of the years of the War of Independence and the War of Independence on the occasion of the 97th anniversary of Ankara's being the capital city via social media accounts, said: You believed in this ancient city of Anatolia, the Turkish homeland of Yigit Seymen. We walk with the pride of your faith and owning your goals. The eternal fortress of our republic is grateful to you. Happy 97th anniversary of Ankara as the capital city, ”he said.
THE CAPITAL WAS EQUIPPED WITH TURKISH FLAGS, ANKARA ANKARA WAS EFFECTED IN THE METRO
The Metropolitan Municipality decorated the streets and boulevards of the city with Turkish Flags and posters of Atatürk, due to the fact that Ankara was the capital city of October 13.
Equipping the city with billboards and public transportation with posters, the Metropolitan Municipality implemented one of its awareness projects on October 13th. With the 'Metro Identification Project' prepared by the AnkaraAks Social Initiative with the contributions of the Department of Culture and Social Affairs, the tags in which the cultural heritage, structures and sculptures of Ankara are introduced were placed on the handles of the rail systems.
Welcomed by the "Ankara Anthem" at the Metro Station, the people of Başkent encountered another surprise when they got on the wagons. The citizens, reading the informative handles placed on the wagons, expressed their satisfaction with the following words:
- Cemre Gökpınar (Founder of AnkaraAks): “We wanted to make a nice reminder within the scope of this project due to the 97th anniversary of Ankara's being the capital city. With the tags we designed, we designed the values, buildings and sculptures of Ankara's cultural heritage in a way that the public can be informed. We conducted this project together with the Cultural and Social Affairs Department. We are extremely happy that this has come true. "
- Zeynep Unsal: “These promotional cards describing the cultural and historical places of Ankara have been very meaningful and beautiful. Thank you to everyone who contributed. "
- Aysu Kustas: “I find this project in which historical and cultural places of Ankara are explained very meaningful and successful. Thank you to our President Mansur Yavaş. "
- Berkutay Coskun: “I learned about historical and cultural places in Ankara that I had not noticed before, thanks to the promotional cards. I would like to thank the Ankara Metropolitan Municipality for such a meaningful project. "
- Bekir Altekin: “It is very meaningful that the Metropolitan Municipality printed promotional cards of the historical and cultural places of the Capital on such a day. Thus, citizens will learn where he lived and historical places. "
- Elif Dilan Rare: “It was a very meaningful and successful project. I would like to thank our Ankara Metropolitan Mayor Mansur Yavaş for his efforts. "
CONCERT ON LIVE BROADCAST
The Metropolitan Municipality Culture and Social Department crowned October 13 with a concert program organized at the Youth Park Theater Hall.
The concert given by Chef Mehmet Üçer and his Orchestra within the scope of the 97th anniversary celebrations was broadcast live on the social media accounts of the Metropolitan Municipality and ABB TV. Citizens sitting in the hall, which is open to a limited number of spectators, in accordance with social distance rules, Assoc. Dr. Okan Murat Öztürk sohbetHe watched with great pleasure the concert in which Ankara Seymen played Karaşar Zeybeği with the concert he accompanied with his ini and baglama.
Head of Culture and Social Affairs Department Hacı Ali Öztürk stated that they could invite a limited number of spectators due to the pandemic process with the celebration program they organized.
“On the occasion of the 97th anniversary of Ankara's being the capital, Member Music Group prepared a repertoire consisting of Ankara folk songs. We broadcast it on ABB TV. I hope the people of Ankara and our audience who watched us live, liked it. We organized our hall in accordance with mask and distance rules. "
Accompanying the old Ankara folk songs at the concert, the people of Başkent thanked the Metropolitan Municipality with the following words:
- Aylin Hero: “I am happy to be at such a concert on the anniversary of Ankara's becoming the capital city. I thank the Metropolitan Municipality for organizing this organization. "
- Ayşe Soysal Topal: “This concert has been very good in those corona days. We also had the opportunity to watch the concert by following the social distance rules. We are already watching our teacher Mehmet Üçer very much. I thank the Metropolitan Municipality very much. "
- Yasemin Gül Agriculture: “We have been longing for such concerts for a long time, we have been waiting. I thank the Metropolitan Municipality, I hope it continues. I hope we watch more concerts. "
- Mustafa Tarim: “Thank you to Ankara Metropolitan Municipality for organizing such nice events. We really enjoyed watching. "
A PAIR OF BLUE EYES IN ANKARA CASTLE
Another surprise prepared by the Metropolitan Municipality for the people of Başkent in the evening took place in Ankara Castle.
Signing an unforgettable visual feast on the 97th anniversary of Ankara's becoming the capital city, the Metropolitan Municipality made a light show by reflecting the eyes and photos of Gazi Mustafa Kemal Atatürk to Ankara Castle. While the light show, seen from many points of the city, got full marks from the people of the capital, Ankara Metropolitan Mayor Mansur Yavaş said in his video post on his social media accounts in the evening, “97 years ago, a pair of blue eyes was looking at the new capital of the Turkish nation with faith. Today he watches us from the Castle of the Republic. "We will pay our debt to these faithful eyes by building a Capital City that competes with the world in justice, prosperity and happiness."