The weather has cooled and our immune system must remain stronger than ever due to the Coronavirus epidemic.
In order to keep the immune system strong, we need to pay attention to what we eat, and red meat is one of the foods that should be consumed. Bonfilet of Turkey's most important meat producers and Istanbul Gastronomy Advisor of the President, Dr. Okan University Department of Gastronomy İlkay Gök lists 12 benefits of red meat, which has protein, iron, zinc, selenium and vitamin B9.
Red meat, which is consumed sometimes to store high energy and sometimes to reach healthy minerals, also plays an important role in the fight against coronavirus. Our immune system must remain stronger than ever to protect against different diseases as the weather gets colder and especially because of the Coronavirus epidemic. In order to keep the immune system strong, we need to pay attention to what we eat, and red meat is one of the foods that should be consumed. Bonfilet of Turkey's most important meat producers and Istanbul Gastronomy Advisor of the President, Dr. Okan University Department of Gastronomy İlkay Gök lists 12 benefits of red meat, which has protein, iron, zinc, selenium and vitamin B9.
Stating that meat has become the main center of the diets of those who want to lose weight as well as its health benefits, Bonfilet Gastronomy Consultant Dr. Faculty Member İlkay Gök said, “Those who want to increase the amount of muscle also benefit from meat-focused diets. In addition, meat is a very important source of protein for growing children. It supports the immune system and has an important role in healing wounds, fractures, and body damage. We do not need to consume kilos for meat to be beneficial. Consuming about 100-150 grams of lean or low-fat meat both meets our daily protein needs and provides a lot of additional support. The right amount and properly cooked low-fat meat is actually a health potion. " is in the statements.
1. Meat contains high amounts of the amino acid L-carnitine. There is an average of 100 - 56 mg L-carnitine in 162 g of meat. L-carnitine, an amino acid that has been used by those who want to lose weight recently and has been found to accelerate energy burning in the body, is seen to support heart health, diabetes and weight loss. Emphasizing that it is also important to take this amino acid from meat instead of synthetic pills taken from outside, İlkay Gök states that the absorption of L-carnitine obtained from meat is higher than pills.
2. Meat is one of the richest sources of glutathione, one of the most powerful antioxidants. Keeping glutathione levels high in our body is very important for our health. Glutathione has properties such as anti-aging, long-lasting life, protection from diseases, reducing the risk of chronic diseases, and strengthening the immune system. Protecting every cell in our body from cellular damage that will cause many chronic diseases, glutathione also prevents oxidative stress and inflammation caused by its deficiency. The fact that our bodies need amino acids to synthesize glutathione and the presence of these amino acids in meat proves once again the benefits of meat.
3. It is a quality protein store. Meat supports the increase of your muscle mass as it has a very high quality protein.
4. Many minerals that are critical for your health meet your needs. Rich in calcium, copper, iron, magnesium, manganese, potassium, phosphorus, selenium, zinc, meat meets almost all of the daily selenium and zinc need, 100% of iron and 26% of phosphorus when consumed 38 grams.
5. Group B vitamins are stored. When approximately 200 grams of meat is consumed, 12% of our B82 vitamin needs, 3% of B50 vitamins and 6% of B36 vitamins are met.
6. It is good for anemia. Red meat consumption supports the elimination of anemia in our body.
7. Contains high content of carnosine (amino acid). In addition to inhibiting oxidation and glycation, carnosine, which is present in red meat at a rate of 50% more than chicken Appears to be a cellular garbage collector that cleans acids, aldehydes and heavy metals. Carnosine, which has been found to protect cells from aging in addition to its antioxidant properties, has been observed to preserve the youthful appearance of cells and have a prolonged life span in fortified tissue cultures. While the ability of carnosine to extend cellular life is valid even in aged cells, one study found a 67% prolongation in cell lifespan after carnosine supplementation. It also supports the immune system by activating the immune system.
8. Contains conjugated linoleic acid. Conjugated linoleic acid is found in high amounts in meat products, especially in natural diets. It supports the improvement of insulin sensitivity and fat loss.
9. 100 grams of meat contains approximately 350 mg of keratin. While keratin supports muscle growth and development, it increases exercise performance and endurance by providing high amounts of energy to the muscles.