Jujube fruit, whose homeland is China, has been used as a herbal medicine in China for a long time. The most important factor in choosing this fruit is that it has a very important taste in terms of taste and its healing properties thanks to its benefits. Another name for jujube fruit is also known as Chinese Date. Jujube, which is close to a cherry or plum; It has a white nut and a thin shell. It can be eaten fresh in green as well as; It can also be consumed with the red color after maturing. If it matures well, it can turn into a purplish color. When fully ripe, it becomes like a raisin and becomes wrinkled and dark in color.
Nutritional Values of Jujube Fruit
- Serving Quantity: 100 g
- Calories (kcal) 79
- Total fat 0,2 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Sodium 3 mg
- Potassium 250 mg
- Carbohydrate 20 g
- Protein 1,2 g
|Vitamin A||40 IU||C vitamin||69 mg|
|Calcium||21 mg||Iron||0,5 mg|
|Vitamin B6||0,1 mg||cobalamin||0 g|
What Are the Benefits of Jujube Fruit?
- There is plenty of vitamin C in jujube. Thanks to the vitamin C it contains, it helps to strengthen the immune system and to take precautions against free radicals.
- Contains Vitamin B3 (Niacin), which has a blood circulation regulating effect.
- Jujube, which is beneficial in the regulation of blood pressure; It provides this with its high potassium content. In addition, it is a very useful food for diet or blood pressure patients with its low sodium content.
- It is beneficial thanks to its magnesium content that strengthens the muscle tissue and the calcium content that is effective in strengthening and developing bones.
- Chinese medical world; Jujube is also used for cancer treatment. It is very beneficial with its effect that reduces cancer cells.
- Jujube fruit; It is stated by Chinese medicine men that it has an anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, anti-ulcer and antifungal properties and it has an effective benefit in many diseases.
- It is said that it is good for jaundice that occurs in newborn babies and will help an effective digestion in those with constipation problems.
- It has an effective benefit in treating wounds and ulcers in some problems with skin rash and itching.
- It is said to be beneficial in eliminating mental problems such as anxiety disorder and stress.
- Also; There are explanations that it is beneficial in anorexia, fatigue, diarrhea, anemia, hysteria, asthma, inflammatory diseases, and eye diseases.
- Jujube fruit; It provides positive effects especially on the liver. It plays an effective role in protecting and regenerating the liver. Thanks to the antioxidants it contains, it is a factor in this situation.
- In Chinese medicine; There are some reports that it is used for the treatment of hepatitis and cirrhosis diseases, and this also reveals the liver connection.
Jujube Fruit How to consume?
- Jujube fruit can be consumed in the form of tea.
- The fruit can be eaten wet or dried as snacks.
- On the other hand, you can also make jam from jujube fruit.
What Are The Side Effects Of Jujube Fruit?
Jujube fruit has no major side effects. However, it is useful to consult your physician because it interacts with the drugs used in some diseases or has the possibility of side effects. In addition, consuming it continuously can be harmful for some bodies. As with all foods, Jujube fruit should be consumed in full and should not be overdosed.