Starting out from the Remagen station in Germany's Rhineland-Palatinate state Siemens Velaro High-Speed Train (YHT) sets moved toward Turkey.
The train sets, which were delivered by TCDD Tasimacilik AS in a ceremony held at Siemens facilities in Düsseldorf, Germany in November last year, arrived in Ankara after about a week's journey through Austria, Hungary, Romania and Bulgaria. Now he moves to Turkey in the second group of Siemens YHT set.
Technical Specifications of Siemens Velaro YHT Sets
- Maximum Speed: 350 km / h
- Train Length: 200 m
- Length of the First and Last Wagons: 25,53 m
- Length of Medium Wagons: 24,17 m
- Width of Wagons: 2950 mm
- Height of Wagons: 3890 mm
- Gauge: Standard gauge - 1435 mm
- Empty Weight: 439 tons
- Voltage: 25000V / 50 Hz
- Traction Power: 8800 kW
- Initial Traction Force: 283 kN
- Brake System: Regenerative, rheostatic, pneumatic
- Number of Axles: 32 (16 drivers)
- Wheel Layout: Bo'Bo '+ 2'2 ′ + Bo'Bo' + 2'2 ′ + 2'2 ′ + Bo'Bo '+ 2'2 ′ + Bo'Bo'
- Number of Bogies: 16
- Axle Pressure: 17 tone
- 0 - 320 km / h Acceleration: 380 s (6 min 20 sec.)
- 320 km / h - Braking Distance to 0: 3900 m
- Number of Wagons: 8