The biggest step was taken for the production of the domestic and national car brand. The 'Construction Startup Ceremony' of TOGG's production facility in Bursa Gemlik was held with the participation of President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan. According to the announcement at the ceremony, 30% of the personnel who will work in the factory will be women
The construction of the TOGG Automobile Plant will be completed in 18 months, including ground reinforcement works, and the first series of cars will be off the belt in the last quarter of 2022 after the production and assembly lines are installed. Recruitments at the TOGG Gemlik Facility will start from the beginning of 2022.
When automobile production reaches a capacity of 175 thousand units per year, the number of employees will reach 4 people. Until 300, it is planned to produce 2030 million units of 5 different models, all of which are innate electrical and intellectual property rights, which are completely owned by TOGG.
30 percent of the people who will work at the facility will be women
The facility will be built on an area of 1.2 million square meters. There will be a closed area of 230 thousand square meters. At least 30 percent of the employees at the TOGG Plant will be female employees. In 2025, the local rate will reach up to 68 percent. The factory is 4 kilometers from Istanbul-Izmir Highway. The facility has 3 active harbors in the 3-kilometer perimeter area.
NATIONAL AUTOMOBILE FACTORY
- The factory includes many of its firsts; one of Turkey's most important technological features that the car factory.
- Production, style design and R&D studies, prototype preparations, test unit, strategy and management center will be together in a single factory area.
- Previously, studies on the possibility of buying the battery from abroad have been replaced by the 'Local Battery Pack' for now.
- first as a congenital electric cars producing 100 percent in a local factory in Turkey, the battery pack will be released from this factory.
- In addition, it draws attention as 'Smart, environmentally friendly and the cleanest in Europe'.
- Both Turkey and also with the distinction of being Europe's cleanest factory
- Productivity is enhanced by the internet of things, data collection and analysis.
- It has an intelligent production network that generates value with real-time data.
- Errors in production will be prevented with advanced cameras and sensors.