Van Metropolitan Municipality made public transportation free of charge on Kurban Bayram. During the feast, coronavirus measures will be strictly implemented on buses owned by the Metropolitan Municipality.
With the decision taken by the Metropolitan Municipality Council due to the holiday of the Eid al-Adha, buses belonging to the Metropolitan Municipality will provide free service to citizens from Thursday, July 30th, from 00.00 (the night that connects Wednesday to Thursday) until Tuesday, August 4th. The decision also highlighted the following issues in line with the decisions taken by the Provincial General Hygiene Board of the Van Governorate within the scope of coronavirus measures;
* Passengers must obey the social distance rule while waiting at the stops.
* Passengers must comply with the social distance rule when getting on and off vehicles.
* Citizens who get into the vehicle should wear a mask and should not remove them during the journey. Passengers who do not wear masks will not be taken to vehicles.
* Two seats of the four-seat seats should be used and should be sited diagonally without facing face to face. In other vehicles with different features or qualities, sitting rules and social distance rules will be observed.
* The number of passengers standing on buses will not exceed 30 percent of the vehicle capacity.
* People who do not obey the rules will not be taken to buses and buses will not move.
The Metropolitan Municipality, which takes the necessary measures to ensure that citizens do not have transportation difficulties, will also organize additional trips in order to travel comfortably.