General İsmail Metin Temel and Lieutenant General Zekai Aksakallı were retired due to lack of staff within the scope of High Military Council (YAŞ) decisions.
The High Military Council (YAŞ) meeting started at 12.15 at the Presidential Complex. During the meeting, Deputy President Fuat Oktay, Minister of National Defense Hulusi Akar, Minister of Justice Abdulhamit Gül, Minister of Foreign Affairs Mevlüt Çavuşoğlu, Minister of Internal Affairs Süleyman Soylu, Treasury and Finance Minister Berat Albayrak, Minister of National Education Ziya Selçuk, Chief of General Staff Gen. Yaşar Güler, Commander of the Land Forces General Ümit Dündar, Naval Commander Admiral Adnan Özbal and Air Force Commander Gen. Hasan Küçükakyüz were also present. Closed-door meetings chaired by the President of Turkey, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, took 45 minutes.
- Within the scope of the AGE Decisions approved by President Erdoğan; General İsmail Metin Temel, who ran the Afrin Operation as the 2nd Army Commander and was recently appointed as the Chief of General Staff, and Lieutenant General Zekai Aksakallı, who was appointed as the 2nd Corps Commander and finally appointed as a Commander of the Army, was retired due to lack of staff. .
- Within the scope of the Supreme Military Council decisions, 17 generals and admirals were promoted to a higher rank, 51 colonels, generals and admirals.
- Within the scope of the AGE decisions, the terms of duty of 35 generals and admirals were extended by one year, and the terms of duty of 294 colonels were extended by two years.
- According to the AGE decisions, 30 generals / admirals were retired due to lack of staff. The number of generals / admirals, which is 226, will be 30 as of August 247.
- The Chief of General Staff, General Lieutenant Metin Gürak, was promoted to general and the Naval Commander Vice Admiral Ercüment Tatlıoğlu was promoted to admiralty.