Gülhane Park is a historical park located in Eminönü district of Fatih district of Istanbul. Alay Mansion is located between Topkapı Palace and Sarayburnu.
Gülhane Park was the outer garden of Topkapı Palace during the Ottoman Empire and contained a grove and rose gardens. The first concrete step of democratization in Turkish history, the Edict of Tanzimat was read in Gülhane Park on 3 November 1839 by the Minister of Foreign Affairs Mustafa Reşit Pasha during the reign of Abdülmecit and is also called Gülhane Hatt-ı Hümayunu.
The city of Istanbul was organized in the time of the operator Cemil Pasha (Topuzlu) and turned into a park in 1912 and opened to the public. Its total area is about 163 acres. On the right side of the park, there are the city of Istanbul and the busts of the mayors. A tree-lined road passes in the middle of the park. There are resting places and a playground on the right and left of this road. To the right of the downhill slope towards the throat, there is a sculpture of Aşık Veysel, and towards the end of the slope, there is a column of the Goths from the Romans.
Sarayburnu Park section used to be connected to the main park by a bridge over the Sirkeci Railway line. This part later left the park by the beach (1958). In the Sarayburnu section, there is Atatürk's first statue (October 3, 1926) erected after the Republic. The sculpture was made by Australian architect Kripel. Atatürk showed the people the Latin letters to the public for the first time in this park on September 1, 1928. While Atatürk's body was sent to Ankara, the last ceremony in Istanbul was held on 19 November 1938 in the Sarayburnu section of Gülhane Park. The coffin was taken by the 12 generals from the gun car and placed in the Zafer destroyer, who approached a pontoon on the dock to be taken to the battleship Yavuz.
The park, which has been in a very bad and devastated way for many years, has been restored by the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality in 2003 and it has been brought to a state that will not look like its old days.
Islamic Science and Technology Museum
In addition, the Istanbul Museum of Islamic Science and Technology was put into service at the Has Stairs Building in Gülhane Park on May 25, 2008.