The second prototype of the AKINCI Offensive Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (TİHA), designed by Baykar Defense engineers and whose production process continues, will soon make its first flight. Baykar Defense Technical Manager Selçuk Bayraktar Akıncı Attacked the images of the second prototype of the Unmanned Aerial Vehicle through his social media account.
Selçuk Bayraktar Akıncı had previously announced that TİHA's second prototype counted days for the first flight. In her new post on social media, Selçuk Bayraktar said: "Her brother has arrived ... But we do not neglect the social distance."
After the intensive work of Baykar Defense engineers, the first prototype of the tactical unmanned aerial vehicle AKINCI TİHA made its first flight in December 2019.
Bayraktar Akıncı System General Information
Baykar, carrying out an intense work on Bayraktar Akıncı, which is also called as “flying fish”, recently brought the vehicle together with the sky and the activities for the first flight of the second prototype continue.
Akıncı TİHA, which is longer and wider than Bayraktar TB2, will have a wingspan of 20 meters with its unique twisted wing structure and will be able to carry many national smart ammunition. Akıncı will also be more intelligent and more aware of environmental conditions thanks to its unique artificial intelligence system, and will offer its users advanced flight and diagnostic functions.
Akinci, which aims to be a leader in its class, like the TB2, will also perform some of the tasks performed by the fighter jets. It will serve with much more advanced useful loads such as electronic support pod, satellite communication systems, air-air radars, obstacle detection radar, and synthetic aperture radar. Air bombardment can also be carried out with Akıncı, which will reduce the burden of warplanes. Akıncı UAV, which will be equipped with air-air missiles developed nationally in our country, will also be used in air-air missions.
Bayraktar Akıncı Offensive Unmanned Aerial Vehicle System, which is tried to become the most advanced technological system in its class, is produced locally and nationally, MAM-L, MAM-C, Javelin, L-UMTAS, Bozok, MK-81, MK-82, MK- 83, Winged Guidance Kit (KGK) -MK-82 will be equipped with ammunition, missile and bomb such as Gökdoğan, Bozdoğan, SOM-A.
Bayraktar Akıncı can go up to an altitude of 40 thousand feet, stay in the air for 24 hours, and its useful load carrying capacity reaches up to 350 kilograms. With these features, Akıncı will be able to perform some of the tasks performed by warplanes and reduce the burden of warplanes.
Basic flight performance criteria
- 40,000 Feet Flight Altitude
- 24 Hours Staying In The Air
- 150 Km Communication Range
- Fully Automatic Flight Control and 3 Redundant Autopilot System (Triple Redundant)
- Fully Automatic Landing and Take-Off Feature Without Depending On Ground Systems
- Navigation Feature With Internal Sensor Fusion Without GPS Dependency
AKINCI Offensive UAV Technical Specifications
- Airborne: 24 Hours
- Altitude: 40.000 Feet
- Useful Load: 1.350 Kg (900 kg External - 450 kg Internal)
- Takeoff Weight: 4.5 Tonnes
- Wingspan: 20 mt
- Motor: 2 × 900 Hp Turboprop
- Data Network: LOS \ SATCOM
- Radar: Milli AESA (Weather / SAR)
- Electronic Warfare: Electronic Support Pod
- Weapons: MAM-L, MAM-C, Javelin, L-UMTAS, UMTAS, Bozok, MK-81, MK-82, MK-83, Precision Guidance Kit (HGK), Winged Guidance Kit (KGK) -MK-82, Teber-82, Gökdoğan Missile, Bozdoğan Missile, SOM-A,
AKINCI SİHA Capabilities
- Electronic Warfare
- SAR Discovery
- Signal Intelligence
- EO \ IR Discovery
- Wide Area Surveillance (Source: Defense Turk)