Family, Labor and Social Services Minister Zehra Zümrüt Selçuk announced that they have taken new measures regarding homeless, homeless and homeless people who are among the groups that COVID-19 disease can affect most.
Noting that they started the "Accommodation for the Homeless Project" by the Provincial Directorates of the Ministry of Family, Labor and Social Services, Minister Selçuk listed the measures to be taken by the 81 Provincial Directorates:
- Homeless, homeless and homeless people will be identified in the provinces and will be placed primarily in the guesthouses of public institutions located within the provincial borders. In case the concerned persons cannot be placed in public institution guesthouses, they may be provided with pensions, hotels, etc. accommodation in places or a place will be allocated to these people until the threat of epidemic disappears.
- Periodic intervals before and during accommodation will be supported by health institutions, and information will be provided on the control of these people, on the disease, transmission routes and personal precautions that can be taken.
- Cleaning, health, basic food, clothing and other needs of the accommodation will be met. The expenses incurred in this context will be covered within the framework of the Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundation opportunities.
- In the projects where resources are allocated or implemented with the Foundation resources, the information of the persons and accommodation provided within the scope of the "Accommodation for the Homeless Project" will be entered into the Social Assistance Services Information System database.
- Following the announcements of the Ministry of Health about the epidemic, the instructions regarding the implementation will be followed. In case of doubtful situations, it will be reported to the health service units immediately.
Minister Selçuk also underlined that these measures sent to 81 Provincial Directorates and Social Assistance and Solidarity Foundations will be implemented immediately.