According to the statement made by the Istanbul Chamber of Pharmacists, it was decided that the distribution of free masks through the pharmacies in the fastest and safest way, as a result of the negotiations between the Ministry of Health and the Turkish Pharmacists Association.
The process will work as follows:
- Masks to be provided by the Ministry of Health will be delivered to Istanbul Ecza Koop, Selçuk Ecza and Alliance Healthcare warehouses and distributed to our pharmacies.
- Our pharmacies must request 500 masks (10 boxes) from only one warehouse. It is important to make a request through a single warehouse as the demands will be followed by the Ministry.
- “20 masks per person for 65 days” will be given to our citizens between the ages of 10-5.
- Our citizens can receive a mask by informing our pharmacies the code in the message sent by the Ministry of Health to their mobile phones. Our pharmacists will enter this code in a new button to be opened by TITCK in ITS or Recipe System. After determining which system will be used by TITCK, it will be shared with you separately.
- The application will start after the masks reach the pharmacies.
Nowadays, when it is necessary to wear a mask in order to reduce the risk of contamination, it is an important healthcare service that can be reached with 5236 pharmacies, which are produced without supervision and sentenced to unhealthy masks, and to ensure the success of the fight against epidemic and to protect public health.
President and AKP President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced that the sale of masks is prohibited.