Family, Labor and Social Services Minister Zehra Zümrüt Selçuk said that due to the coronavirus epidemic, mask and cologne distribution will be started. However, Minister Selçuk announced that 2 billion pounds of aid will be distributed to the needy citizens.
Highlights from Minister Selçuk's speech are as follows:
- Periodic fever measurements are carried out in our nursing homes.
- The Unemployment Insurance Fund exists for such a case.
- In Turkey, we have more than 153 nursing homes, including 400 owned by the state, we check every one of the day.
- We are increasing the number of doctors in our nursing homes.
- (Trade unions and employers unions) As their demands come, we will continue to take action on it.
- hygiene and within the rules of our organization throughout Turkey, 14 rules that are obeyed to the letter.
- We periodically increase their share of social solidarity foundation throughout Turkey in 1003, so we will have further increased supports to our seniors.
- Starting in April, we will increase the lowest pension from 1000 lira to 1500 lira.
- Most employers will benefit from this, as we will stretch the terms of the Short Work Allowance. We increase the compensatory working time from 2 months to 4 months.
- (Short Work Allowance) We will also provide flexibility in certain conditions to make this more beneficial to all sectors.
- (Mask and cologne distribution) First, it will start over Ankara, Istanbul, and then the project is expanded.
- We will introduce YADES and VEFA projects for the elderly by intensifying this process.
- Depending on the income tests conducted through the Social Assistance Solidarity Foundations, we will distribute 2 billion pounds of aid to the lowest segment.
- In the distribution of an additional 2 billion lira resource in social assistance, we will support 1000 lira each of the households in need.