During these studies, a small workshop called Anatolian-Ottoman Company was established in Eskişehir by the Germans in order to meet the steam locomotive and wagon repair needs regarding the Anatolian-Baghdad railway. So today's The contractor's foundation is laid.
If the development of industry in Eskişehir had been the subject of a legend, I think that in the beginning, göz There were wetlands and fertile lands that stretched to the horizon as far as the eye could get in Eskişehir, Eğer and it would continue:
“… One day, two iron bars split these rich lands, and an iron car breathing hot steam passed over these bars. At that time, people also looked at that thanks to this iron car, the Iraqis are not as far as they used to be; the earth has changed, the sky has changed, people have changed, they have started to do new jobs… ”
In the 1892, the passage of the Istanbul-Baghdad Railway through Eskisehir was never the subject of such a legend; however, it is indisputable that there is an important factor on the socio-economic structure of the region and that it is a major driving force in the initiation and development of the industrialization phase in the region.
1825 25 3 1866 519 1 3 The 389 XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX The length of the line is only XNUMX km. Moreover, only the XNUMX / XNUMX part of this line is located on Anatolia and XNUMX km is between Constanta-Tuna and Varna-Ruse.
The Ottoman Government thinks that the line, which will connect HaydarpaŸaâ € ™ with Badadatâ € ™, and Europe with India, will be passed from Istanbul. XIX. Within this framework, in 1886, it was opened to service by building the Haydarpaşa-Ä ° zmit part of the Anatolian-BaÄŸdat line hitting the Marmara Sea basin. r.
8 October 1888 date and operation concession of this line with the edifice of Izmit-Ankara part of the Ottoman Ottoman Shimendifer is given to the company. 15 August In 1893, the construction started from Eskişehir to Konya and 31 arrived in Konya in July 1893.
In the 1894, a small workshop called the Anatolian-Ottoman Company was established in Eskişehir in order to meet the need for steam locomotive and railway repair by the Germans in connection with the Anatolian-Baghdad railway. Thus, the foundation of today's TÜLOMSAŞ is laid. Here, small-scale locomotives, passenger and freight wagons were repaired, and the boilers of the locomotives were sent to Germany for repair and all spare parts were imported.
TÃœLOMSAÅ in Istıklal War
The Anatolian-Ottoman Company, which was captured by the British during the occupation of Anatolia in 1919, was taken back by Kuvayı-Milliye on March 20, 1920, and the small workshop, renamed Eskişehir Cer Workshop, became a trump card against the occupation armies in the hands of the national forces.
In the memories of s ° smet Pasha: My first duty was to prepare the army. I have wedged the wedges in various warehouses, made the wedges of the balls I found in tubular in Eskişehir Railroad Workshop and used them in Sakarya.
Arriving by the Greeks on July 20, 1920, Atılye was taken back on September 2, 1922, and it was the beginning of the introduction of modern technology in the new Turkey. It ensures that the first step is taken from agriculture-based economy to technology-based economy.
After the National War of Independence, AtatÃ¼rk: “The real war is an economic war. In order to win this war, the young Republic of Turkey is still dependent on the enemy, which fell into the sea. All the needs of railways that connect fields to markets, mines to factories, factories to harbors and form the articulating veins of the economy, primarily Germany, Belgium, Belgium, Sweden and ‡ lamaktadä ± ± r. In the country where even the core of the industry is absent, it is an environment in which it is difficult to get rid of locomotive and wagon production.
In Eskişehir Cer Workshop, which reached an indoor area of 1923 m800 in 2, from 1925 until the end of 1928, Kazanhane, ‡, arkhane, Carpentry, KÃ¼prÃ¼, Railway Scissor, Weighbridge and road safety materials will be produced. big steps are taken towards breaking down the dependency by entering the units into service. Now, 3-4 locomotives and 30 passenger and freight wagons are repaired annually.During the Second World War, while mobilizing in a country surrounded by flames all around the world, qualified personnel recruited to a temporary stagnation in Eskişehir. . However, this stagnation soon leaves its place to a large ancestor.
TÜLOMSAŞ trains technical staff for the industry…
To mobilize these difficult days, the railroads of the country need most, a mobilization has been initiated in the Cer Workshop. New workers are trained in six-month courses in place of the workers who are recruited before. Art Schools are opened in order to sustain the training of trained people. A specialist worker at the workshop, on the one hand, provides complete support to the railways and the army, while also teaching new workers and apprentices, on the other hand, there is no industry yet. In our country, we run after new projects to overcome the difficulties caused by the difficult conditions of mobilization. As a result of this humanitarian work, the manufacture of many machine parts, even tools, that have not been done before is carried out. Also in this period, Kaynak House, which was established in the factory of Cer Workshop, also became a center that produces world-class welders in Turkey.
TÜLOMSAŞ enlightens Eskişehir…
With the increasing production capacity with the returning workers after the end of World War II in 1946 and mobilization, the Cer Atyle Workshop, though it was a horseman, It starts to work like a factory. The power plant, which was established to meet the increasing energy need, also saves some parts of Eskişehir from the darkness.
In 1947, the Team Factory, and in 1949, the new Maintenance, Dining Hall and Directorate Building were put into service.
In 1956, the Engine Branch becomes operational. In 1951, the first mechanical scales are manufactured in Turkey, is performed without license or know-how in this workshop. TÜLOMSAŞ adds color to its country in sports and social life:
Besides its very versatile production, every athlete has a sports club. These clubs have football, skiing, skiing, and riding branches. Locations for civil servants and workers have been opened. In the evening 2-3 times a week, cinema films are played in the guest halls of the Athlete, sports and cultural meetings are organized. Cer Workshop is now one of the favorite institutions of Turkey. However, he is not satisfied with this. It is an insurmountable species. Lights up to get the actual follow-up. Finally, the expected opportunity comes. A project is being sought for Ankara Youth Park that will increase the love of the people for the railway.
Year 1957, Youth Park is a holiday place. Two small steam locomotives, produced at Eskişehir Cer Workshop with everything, chooses both “Ankara” and “Eskişehir” in love with 1750 m2. On the one hand, two small steam locomotives with a capacity of 20 tons, traveling between the stations called Havuzbaşı and Esmen at a speed of 35 km / h, on the one hand, the joy of the children, on the one hand, Eskişehir City Cer AtÃ¶ It carries the pride of its lye and the hope of being able to produce large locomotives.
The first locomotive is born; Üstünde KARAKURT T on the tracks. In 1958, Eskişehir Cer Atölyesi is organized for new and big targets under the name of Eskişehir Railway Factory. This target is to manufacture the first domestic locomotive and in 1961, the honor memorial of the Turkish workers and engineers holds the factory in the factory. This is the first Turkish steam locomotive with 1915 horsepower, weighing 97 and capable of accelerating at 70 km / h.
On April 4, 1957, Mr. Adnan MENDERES, who was in the ceremony of opening the Cement Factory in Eskişehir (Çukurhisar), honored the State Railways Cer Workshop and inspected all the factories of the factories, especially the Apprentice School and visited the Trade Unions and Federation Committees. They then traveled by riding one of the locomotives of the "Mehmetçik" and "Efe" miniature trains, which will be operated in Ankara Youth Park that year, in order to popularize the public, the train and the railway. ? " He said.
In 1958, Eskişehir Cer Atölyesi is organized for new and big targets under the name of Eskişehir Railway Factory. This target is to manufacture the first domestic locomotive and in 1961, the honor memorial of the Turkish workers and engineers holds the factory in the factory. This is the first Turkish steam locomotive with 1915 horsepower, weighing 97 and capable of accelerating at 70 km / h.
|KARAKURT'S MAIN CHARACTERISTICER|
|LOKOMOTÄ ° FÄ ° N TÄ ° PÄ °||1 E|
|DÄ ° NGÄ ° L TERTÄ ° WEST||5 axles|
|MAX Wax Speed||70 km/h|
|RAIL ANGLE I||1435 mm|
|EMPTY HEIGHT||97 ton|
|BUSINESS WEIGHT||106,9 ton|
|DISTANCE FROM BUMPER TO BUMPER||22900 mm|
|WHEEL Ã ‡ API||1450 mm|
|KLAVUZ WHEEL Ã ‡ API||850 mm|
|DY ° NGÄ ° L PRESSURE||19,5 ton|
|DISTANCE FROM AXLE||1500 mm|
|CER FORCE °||18500 kgf|
|SÄ ° LÄ ° NDÄ ° R SÄ ° ASI||660 mm|
|BOILER STEAM PRESSURE||16 horses|
|BOILER POWER||1915 hp|
|BRAKE CÄ ° NSÄ °||KNORR Steam Brake|
|TENDER TARE / WATER FUEL||20 tons / 29 tons / 11 tons|
|ATA ° MALATA STARTING DATE ° HÄ °||1958|
|HMET ° ZMETE GÄ ° RÄ ° Å TARÄ ° HÄ °||1961|
|SERVICE TIME °||25 Year|
œdevrä ° Maja â € €
On June 16, 1961, 20 of the administrators and engineers of the State Railways Factories and Traction Offices were called to a meeting in Ankara.
Emin BOZOÄ LU, the Deputy General Manager, who chaired the meeting, read a letter from the Ministry of Transportation. In the article, the development of an automobile type that will meet the street passenger needs of the army - the duty was given to TCDD Plant and this amount was allocated as 1.400.000.-TL. ± was specified.
The given deadline was October 29, 1961, that is, 4.5 months for the recognized period. Could there be a development work in this diameter during this time? Can you build a miraculous car, a car that could start, and a miracle could be done? At the meeting, most of the fields are not ready to work happily in such a project, but they did not think it could be achieved in such a short time. Some of them tried to voice, some of them said “no”.
In all countries from the university press, a handful of industrialists, politicians, to anyone who can hear the voice nor the car in Turkey, nor does it believe it can be done motors, special sohbetThis view was emphasized in the 29s, in interviews and even in conferences with movie shows. But these incredible things happening and from October 1961, XNUMX morning in Turkey made a car, a smooth hood, although not on its wheels, and again in Turkey made by the power of his engine was brought in front of the Parliament building, President Cemal Gürsel Pasha be offered a second He was taking Pasha to Anıtkabir and then participating in the parade painting at the Hippodrome.
How did this happen?
With the project, the establishment of Railways, not another organization, on the one hand, has a strong technical potential and a strong worker, from TCDD's factories in Ankara, Eskişehir, Sivas and Adapazarı, with a significant technical potential and a trained worker, and engineers. The technical staff was the result of the fact that Emin BOZOĞLU, the Deputy General Manager, was of military origin and also a relative of Sıtkı ULAY Pasha, was well known and trusted by members of the National Unity Committee and many cabinet members.
Higher Engineer Emin BOZOÄ LU, as the head of the management group, to overcome all the bureaucratic obstacles like the other managers in the group, and to meet all kinds of opportunities, 20 engineers under great tension due to the very bias and urgency of the task, but also by working in an extraordinary tempo, but also in the comfort of the day. had played a role.
The second factor in winning the race against time was that the engineers who took part were willing to sue to the case not to avoid being on the job by taking a minimum of 12 hours every day, including weekends, during the project, for a few hours on a disassembled car cedar.
In the meeting held on June 16, 1961, the most suitable place for the works (today TÃœLOMSAÅ) is a building that is not used as a building in Eskişehir Railways Factories, it is the most suitable building. After I get an idea by examining the car structure of various types as closely as possible, the dimensions of the type to be made, engine, gearbox, etc. It was concluded that the following group and its parts were focused on how to design and manufacture them.
Eskisehir was instructed for the preparation of the workshop selected as a workplace and those who had a car were asked to be in Eskisehir on June 19. The ground of the foundry building was covered with sheet metal purchased for use in locomotive boilers. A sign was hung on the door showing how many days are left with huge numbers. Until the end of the project, this plate decreased every day and remained there until the end. The workshop included an overhead traveling crane, various counters and a meeting table. This table, which also has a tea room nearby, was used for four months as a meeting, resting and, when necessary, a desk.
“Management Group” was announced at the first meeting held in the workshop. Headed by Deputy General Manager Emin BOZOĞLU, Head of Factories Department Orhan ALP, Head of Traction Department Hakkı TOMSU, Head of Traction Department Nurettin ERGUVANLI, Eskişehir Railway Factories Manager Mustafa ERSOY, Adapazarı Railway Factory Manager Celal TANER, Ankara Railway Factory Manager Mehmet NÖKER. There were two retired officers: General Manager Consultant Hüsnü KAYAOĞLU and Necati PEKÖZ. Then the working groups were determined: Design, engine-transmission, bodywork, suspension and brake, electrical equipment, casting works, purchasing works and cost accounts groups. First of all, the outline of the car was determined. It was agreed on a type of four to five people, a total weight of 1000-1100 kg, which could be called medium size. The engine should be 4-stroke and 4-cylinder, 50-60 hp.
A 1: 10 scale gypsum model of one of the 1:1 scale models prepared for the body was made. The roof, bonnet and similar hair of the body were produced one by one by pulling them into concrete blocks made with molds taken from this model and trimmed with a hammer. On the other hand, after examining Willy's Jeep, Warswa, Chevrolet, Ford Consul, Fiat 1400 and 1100 engines, the body and head of a 4-cylinder engine with a valve was poured in Sivas Demiryol Factory and processed in Ankara Railway Factory. Piston, piston ring and arms were made in Eskişehir. The engine was installed in Ankara Railway Factory. As an alternative to this engine, which can not receive more than 40 HP in braking, Ankara Plant has developed another type based on the same body and crankshaft. It was manufactured in Eskişehir on a third engine with a top valve called B-engine.
The suspension group suggested the "Mc Pearson" system for the front tools and was manufactured in Eskişehir according to the sample. Towards the end of September, due to the necessity to adapt the front and rear windows to the ones available in the market, they were slightly changed according to the model, two bodies were driven and two separate engines, one A and the other B type, were prepared. The gearboxes were all made locally by the Ankara Factory. The biggest problem encountered when starting the assembly was to ensure body-engine harmony, to place the clutch, gas and brake control mechanisms and to find the most suitable position of the steering wheel. The adjustable steering recommendation was not accepted. Two years later Cadillac brought this as an innovation.
Finally, in mid-October, the first of the Devrim cars was ready for experience. All parts except electrical equipment, differential gears, cardan crosses and engine bearings, glass and tires were local. On the one hand, the road experiences of this first car were maintained, on the other hand, efforts were made to raise the second car equipped with a B-engine to be presented to the President. The last coat of this No.2 Revolution in black color was hit only on the evening of October 28. While the cake and polish were shipped to Ankara, it was made on the night train. Gasoline tanks were emptied as a safety measure due to possible sparks from the chimney in the train towed by steam locomotives.
The train reached Ankara in the morning. Two Revolutionary Cars were lowered to Ankara Railway Factory in Sıhhiye district at that time. Only a few liters of gas were placed in their tanks to provide maneuverability. The main refueling was to be done in the morning at the Mobile Gas Station in Sıhhiye and then to the Parliament.
On the morning of October 29, Revolutions set out among the escort, which consisted of a very crowded traffic crew on motorcycles. It turned out, but the escort went on their way to Mobil without stopping to know about gasoline. When it came to the Assembly, the situation was understood, the rushed gasoline was put in the 1st car. When he was to be number 2, Cemal Pasha came in front of the Assembly and got on the 2nd Revolution Car to go to Anıtkabir. The road started. But 100 m. Until then the engine stopped coughing. Cemal Pasha's "What is going on? Rıfat SERDAROĞLU, the Senior Engineer at the wheel, said, “Pasım, petrol is over. “He answered. Apologizing from Pasha, he was asked to move on to Revolution 1. Cemal Pasha, who fits this, went to Anitkabir with this car. As he got off, he said the famous words "You made a car with a western head, but you forgot the refueling with an east head."
The next day, Revolution number 100, in which all the newspapers unanimously said “2 meters went and broke down”, is attending the parade in Hippodrome on the same day, neither this nor Cemal Pasha went to Anitkabir with another Revolution car; it was only said that all the money spent on news, comments and jokes was wasted. However, it is 25 Million TL for the “breeding of the horse generation” that was put in the budget of the Ministry of Agriculture in the same year. Nobody was talking about the allowance and its outcome.
NOTE: In 1961, only one of the 4 manufactured REVOLUTION M Cars reached our day. In the garden of TÃœLOMSAÅ MUSEUM, the REVOLUTION M Car, which is kept in a specially built glass garage, is still running.
|â € œ TRANSFER Ä ° M â €
TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS OF THE FIRST TURKISH AUTOMOBILE
|AUTOMOBILE DEPARTMENT I||1250 kg|
|MOTOR TÄ ° PÄ °||A4L|
|MOTOR SPEED||3600 rpm|
|NUMBER OF SÄ ° LÄ ° NDÄ ° R||4|
|SÄ ° LÄ ° NDÄ ° R Ã ‡ API||81 mm|
|KARAKTERÄ ° Stade ° K||4-STROKE, WATER-COOLED, SIDE VALVE, PRESSURE LUBRICATION.|
|MAL ° GOODS TIME °||4,5 MONTH|
|MAL ° MAL TARÄ ° HÄ °||1961|
|MAL ° LOCATION OF GOODS||ESKÄ ° Å EHÄ ° R DEMÄ ° RYOLU FAB.|
|NUMBER OF PRODUCTION||4|
In 1968, the continuous construction of DH 360 type Diesel Maneuvering Locomotives with 3600 Horsepower started with the license of the German MAK Company and until 1975, 25 were produced. In 1968, with the license agreement made with the French District Pielstick Company, 16 PA4 V-185 type engines were manufactured. From Factory to Company In 1970, Eskişehir Railway Factory takes the name of “Eskişehir Lokomotif ve Motor Sanayii Müessesesi”, ELMS.
In 1971, the first Diesel Electric Outline Locomotive with 2400 horsepower and 111 kg pulling force is placed in 39400 at XNUMX within the framework of the engine license agreement with the French Traction Export company and Chantiers de L'Atlantique.
ELMS, which has become a giant factory in the literal sense of the word, turns into a locomotive with trucks, wagons, iron plates and sheets, each of which becomes a special machine part, and leaves the factory on its own wheels. Until 1985, 24000 units of DE 431 type Diesel Electric Mainline Locomotives were produced.
From enterprise to corporation: ELMS, in 1986 and restructured in the world according to changing circumstances in our country, the Cabinet is converted into a subsidiary by the Council and Turkey Locomotive and Engine Industry Inc., takes the name TULOMSAS. In 1986, the production of the locomotive with the West German KRAUSS-MAFFEI company and the diesel engine license agreement with MTU company started to produce the DE 1100 type Mainline and Road Maneuver locomotive with 11000 Horsepower. Until 1990, 70 of this locomotive were produced.
In 1987; Production of DE 2200 type Outline locomotive with 22000 Horsepower begins within the framework of DE Outline Locomotive license agreement with the American company EMD GENERAL MOTORS. 39 of these locomotives, which were imported by TCDD General Directorate, were produced in TÜLOMSAŞ. In 48, the production of Various Railway Construction Machines (Snow Plow Vehicles, Railway Mobile Cranes, Light Crane Posing Cars, Catenary Maintenance Vehicles) started. A total of 1987 units were produced.
In 1988, the production of E 4300 Type Electric Outline Locomotive with 43000 Horsepower was initiated under the license agreement of the Japanese NISSHO IWAI-TOSHIBA Company. Following the completion of 1 complete import from Japan, a total of 44 units were produced in TOMLOMSAÅ.
In 1994, the production of DH 709 type Diesel Hydraulic Maneuvering Locomotive in 7000 Horsepower, which belongs to TÃœLOMSAÅ, with the project, design and manufacture by producing technology without transferring any technology, was started. 20 of these locomotives were produced.
In the year 1998, production studies of DH 950 type Diesel Hydraulic Outline and Maneuvering Locomotive were started in 9500 horsepower, which was also designed by TILOMASAS. 26 of these locomotives were produced.
2001 Years of 2003-1000, 10000 Horsepower DH 14 type Diesel Hydraulic Outline and Maneuver Locomotive is produced.
Year 2003, In order to meet 89 Outline Locomotive needs of the General Directorate of TCDD Enterprise, the first 33000 of the DE 6 type Diesel Electric Outline Locomotive are produced within the framework of technology transfer from General Motors / USA. Until the end of 83, 36 of the 2006 locomotives were produced with 51% domestic additives until the end of 2009. By the end of 47, 55 locomotives were produced with a 89% domestic contribution rate and joined the total of 33000 DE XNUMX locomotive TCDD fleets.
The contractor, President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, March 4 and published in the Official Gazette No. 2186 decision of Turkey Rail System Utilities Industry Corporation (TÜRASAŞ) 'What was connected