IMM organizes the "Istanbul Green Spaces Workshop", where all aspects of the current green space situation of the city will be discussed. The opening speech of the workshop, which will take place at the Istanbul Congress Center and will last for two days, was delivered by the President of IMM. Ekrem İmamoğlu will make. Academicians, non-governmental organizations and sector representatives working on green areas will discuss the issue in detail.
Istanbul Green Areas Workshop, which will be hosted by Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality (IMM) and its subsidiary Istanbul Tree and Landscape Inc., said, “Transformation in Green Areas; Identity and Sustainability Solutions ”theme. In the workshop to be held on February 5-6, 2020 at the Istanbul Congress Center, the road map will be determined by discussing the smart solutions appropriate for the texture of the city and more efficient use of resources.
PROJECTS WILL BE SPEAKED
In the workshop, the realization and sustainability of green areas suitable for natural vegetation that will reflect the developing identity of Istanbul will be evaluated in all aspects. Solution and project proposals will be discussed with the participation of academicians who are experts in their fields, relevant civil society representatives, city stakeholders and sector representatives.
Global warming and related problems, which increase day by day, will be discussed at the workshop. Ideas will be put forward on protecting the green areas that are suppressed by this important problem and increasing the existing one.
RESULTS WILL BE SHARED
The workshop will take two days and fourteen parallel sessions will be held, agac.istanbul/calitay It can be followed by registering from the web address. Final declaration will be published at the end of the workshop. The declaration will be forwarded to the relevant people, institutions and organizations and shared with the public.
Date: February 5 2020
Date: February 6 2020
Hour: 09.30-17: 00
Location: Istanbul Congress Center
- DAY PROGRAM
08:45 - 09:30 - Record
09: 30 - 11.00 - A moment of silence and the Turkish National Anthem (Üsküdar Hall)
Opening Speeches Ali SUKAS General Manager of Istanbul Tree and Landscape Inc.
Professor Dr. Yasin Çağatay SEÇKİN - İBB Park Garden and Green Areas Head of Department
Ekrem İMAMOĞLU Istanbul Metropolitan Mayor
11:15 - 12:30 Panel (Üsküdar Hall)
Panel Manager: - Professor Dr. Cemil ATA Yeditepe University Faculty of Architecture Department of Urban Design and Landscape Architecture, Head of Department)
Panelists Prof. Dr. Hakan ALTINÇEKİÇ (IU-C Faculty of Forestry Landscape Architecture Department Head)
Professor Dr. Hüseyin DİRİK (Faculty of Forest Engineering, Faculty of Forestry, IU-C)
Murat ERMEYDAN (TMMOB Chamber of Landscape Architects, Istanbul Branch President)
Yüksel YÜKSEL (TMMOB Chamber of Forest Engineers Istanbul Branch President)
13:30 - 14:45 Session 1 Emirgan Hall "CURRENT SITUATION"
Session Chair Assoc. Dr. Meltem ERDEM KAYA
- Burcu SALIKOGLU GIRGIN, Prof. Dr. Hakan ALTINÇEKİÇ (A research on determining green area quality in Beşiktaş District)
- Dr. Mustafa VAR (Evaluation of Istanbul green areas in terms of vegetative design)
- Res. See. Hilal TÜRKDOĞDU, Prof. Dr. Hakan ALTINÇEKİÇ (Research on highway plantings: Istanbul example)
- Ayşenur BölÜKBAŞI TURGUT (Did you do everything for accessibility?)
- Tuba Sari HAKSEVER, Ayşe GÖKbayRAK (Use of urban green spaces before / during / after disaster: Determination of earthquake park design criteria)
13:30 - 14:45 Session 1 Beyazıt Hall "PLANNING"
Moderator Professor Dr. Handan TÜRKOĞLU
- Gizem DİNÇ, Prof. Dr. Dr. Atila GÜL, Çağla BOSTAN (Integration of urban open and green space typologies and systems into the development plan process)
- Gülendam ULUSOY, Prof. Dr. Mustafa YES (Evaluation of Kemiklidere Valley in the context of landscape planning)
- Betül UYGUR ERDOĞAN, Prof. Dr. Ferhat GÖKBULAK, Reyhan DEMİR (Creating appropriate urban green tissue with sustainable approaches under the influence of global warming)
- Contact Betül UYGUR ERDOĞAN (Evaluation of ecosystem services offered by urban and surrounding forests as planning tools in residential areas: Belgrade forest example)
13:30 - 14:45 Session 1 Beylerbeyi Hall "PROTECTION / DEVELOPMENT"
Chairperson Prof. Dr. Unal AKKEMIK
- Dr. Erdoğan ATMIŞ, Assoc. Dr. Cihan ERDÖNMEZ (Green infrastructure and cultural ecosystem services: Implications for Istanbul green space planning)
- Dr. Nusret AS, Prof. Dr. Türker DÜNDAR, Specialist. Hüseyin AKKILIÇ (Non-destructive evaluation in the sustainable management of city trees)
- Tugsem SONMEZ (Urban - green area relationship and determination of urban tree identity)
- Fatma ÖZKAN, Prof. Dr. Atila GUL, Tugba AKIN (Current status and temporal change analysis with satellite image NDVI data of urban green spaces, Istanbul example)
15:00 - 16:15 Session 2 Emirgan Hall "CONSERVATION / DEVELOPMENT"
Session Chair Dr. Cemil ATA
- Assoc. Dr. F. Kıvılcım ÇORAKBAŞ, Serhat SARI, Prof. Dr. Alper ÇABUK (Documentation of Istanbul city gardens with geographic information systems (GIS))
- Dr. Veli ORTAÇEŞME, Emrah YILDIRIM, Pınar ZEĞEREK (Economic dimension of the benefits of urban green spaces)
- Talha AKSOY, Prof. Dr. Alper ÇABUK (Remote sensing assisted analysis for water and green areas)
- Assoc. Dr. Necmettin ŞENTÜRK, Assoc. Dr. Mustafa AKGÜL, Dr. Hüseyin YURTSEVEN, Prof. Dr. Tolga ÖZTÜRK (Preparation of “tree information scorecards (ABK)” for trees in public areas and creation of tree information system (ABS))
15:00 - 16:15 2nd Session Beyazıt Hall "PLANNING"
Chairperson Assoc. Dr. Nilufer KART AKTAŞ
- Şeyma DEMİR, Professor Dr. Mustafa VAR (The importance of valleys in terms of green area planning; example of Tuzla valley)
- Berfin SENIK, Prof. Dr. Osman UZUN (“Character / density / standard / managerial structure” approach in urban open and green space planning)
- Bugra YERLIYURT (Planning process of green areas)
- Dr. Hüseyin DİRİK, Dr. Elvan ADA, Dr. Doganay YENER (The importance of road afforestation in urban green space planning)
15:00 - 16:15 Session 2 Beylerbeyi Hall "IDENTITY FORMATION"
Chairperson Assoc. Dr. Ayçim TÜRER BAŞKAYA
- Esra SENTURK, Prof. Dr. Hakan ALTINÇEKİÇ (Contribution of urban furniture in the formation of urban identity)
- Dr. Orhan SEVGI (Symbolic value of green and view of green)
- Dr. Mustafa YES (The most important green area type missing in Istanbul: botanic garden)
- Abdullah İnanç KIRAN, Assoc. Dr. Seher Demet KAP YÜCEL (Evaluation of green areas in the context of cultural landscape: Yedikule gardens)
- Nihan Sevinç MUSDAL, Prof. Dr. Hakan ALTINÇEKİÇ (Examination of the planning and design criteria of botanical gardens in the example of hidden paradise Nezahat Gökyiğit Botanical Garden)
- DAY PROGRAM
09:30 - 10:45 Session 3 Emirgan Hall "URBAN FURNITURE"
Session Chair Dr. Şebnem TİMUR
- Murat GEZER, Dr. Sabit TUNÇEL, Assoc. Dr. Zeki CANDAN (Smart city furniture)
- Hatice AYDOĞDU, R. Özge OCAK GEMİCI (Usage of urban reinforcement elements in landscape architecture)
- Kadir Tolga ÇELİK, Assoc. Dr. Banu Çiçek KURDOĞLU, Assoc. Dr. Cenk DEMİRKIR, Prof. Dr. Turgay ÖZDEMİR (Material selection and application errors in urban reinforcement elements)
- Bengi KORGAVUS, Dr. Zerrin INAN (New approaches in urban design: smart and ecological urban furniture)
- Zerrin INAN, Dr. Bengi KORGAVUŞ (Portable playgrounds in urban design)
09:30 - 10:45 Session 3 Beyazıt Hall "LEGAL / MANAGEMENT STRUCTURE"
Session Chair Dr. Aynur AYDIN
- Dr. Osman UZUN (Evaluation of open and green area system planning in terms of legal and administrative structure)
- Dr. Erdoğan ATMIŞ, Serhat CENGİZ, Assoc. Dr. Affectionate (The effect of development policies on economic growth on the landscape change in Istanbul)
- Nimet VELİOĞLU (Legal problems and solutions during the operation of the promenade places in Istanbul)
- Assoc. Dr. Osman Devrim ELVAN (Legal status of urban green areas and sanctions imposed on illegal activities in these areas)
09:30 - 10:45 Session 3 Beylerbeyi Hall "PLANT MATERIAL"
Session Chair Dr. Huseyin DIRIK
- Dr. Mustafa YES (Importance of natural plant species in Istanbul landscape and current situation)
- Dr. Cengiz ACAR, Assoc. Dr. Habibe ACAR, Prof. Dr. Norbert KUHN, Demet Ülkü GÜLPINAR SEKBAN (Plant design and species selection approaches compatible with climate change in urban scale)
- Dr. H. Tuğba DOĞMUŞ LEHTIJARVI, Prof. Asko LEHTIJARVI, Funda OSKAY, Dr. A.Gülden ADAY KAYA, Amani BELLAHIRECH, Alberto SANTINI, Dr. Steve WOODWARD (A plane tree in Istanbul kills a fungal cancer disease)
- Ulvi Erhan EROL (The place and importance of the historical Büyükdere nursery and practical gardener school in terms of landscape art history)
- Ulvi Erhan EROL (Transformation into natural plants and landscape close to nature in Istanbul park and landscape)
11:00 - 12:15 4th Session Emirgan Hall "USE OF WATER"
Session Chair Dr. Mustafa Ömer KARAÖZ
- Assoc. Dr. Mert EKŞİ, Merve EMİNEL KUTAY, Elif Nur SARI (Evaluation of green areas as water management tools in cities)
- Dr. Huseyin E. CELIK (Sustainable irrigation in Istanbul green areas)
- Hatice Aydogdu, Prof. Dr. Serpil LEADERS (Urban rainwater management approaches and rain gardens within the scope of sustainability concept)
- Erdal YEŞİL, Ekrem BULUT (Water and biological designs in sustainable space)
11:00 - 12:15 Session 4 Beyazıt Hall "SUSTAINABILITY"
Session Chair Assoc. Dr. Ebru ERBAŞ GÜRLER
- Meltem COSANER TONYALI (Proposal for cities that write landscape in their identity to create sustainability and cost approach)
- Umit KARAMAN (Effects of landscape irrigation systems on water consumption in sustainable green areas and investigation of irrigation automations)
- Jale GÜREL, Zülfiye ŞEKER, Sonay TANIS (Concepts of sustainability and sustainability in green areas through application practices in Istanbul)
- Dr. Hüseyin DİRİK, Dr. Elvan ADA, Dr. Doganay YENER (Istanbul's tree protection strategies)
11:00 - 12:15 4th Session Beylerbeyi Hall "MAINTENANCE / DEVELOPMENT"
Session Chair Dr. Mustafa VAR
- Dr. Unal AKKEMIK (Pruning problems and suggestions in Istanbul road trees)
- Dawn KÖSEOĞLU (Sustainable city landscape management and climate change)
- Dr. A. Halim ORTA (Planning of irrigation time in cool and hot climate lawns under different irrigation methods)
- Melike Akkaya (Public hobby gardening, users and potentials in the case of Istanbul)
13:30 - 14:45 5th Session Emirgan Hall "CURRENT APPROACHES"
Session Chair Dr. Osman UZUN
- Assoc. Dr. Elif KISAR KORAMAZ, Prof. Dr. Handan TÜRKOĞLU (What does the people of Istanbul expect from urban green spaces? An assessment within the framework of quality of life)
- Kemal YANMAZ, Dilek YURT, Dr. Hasan DEMIRKAN, Prof. Dr. Necip TOSUN (Mosaic culture and applications in Istanbul)
- Ayşe Hasol ERKTIN (Cities through which nature passes)
- Sevgi GENÇ, Assoc. Dr. Nilgün Ç. Erkan (A living space for the child; child-friendly street)
13:30 - 14:45 5th Session Beylerbeyi Hall "CURRENT APPROACHES"
Session Chair Dr. Hüseyin Emrullah ÇELİK
- View Işılgül's Full Profile (Alternative urban furniture production by reuse method from construction and wreckage wastes: Istanbul historical peninsula example)
- Ulger BULUT KARACA, Senem ASRAK (Evaluation of potential of planted roof systems in urban areas and suggestions)
- Tugba AKIN, Prof. Dr. Atila GUL, Fatma OZKAN (Open and green space policies and management / governance organization in municipalities)
- Assoc. Dr. Mustafa SÜRMEN, Höreaz ERDOĞAN (Determination of the use possibilities of some grassy grass plants and their mixtures in the green field facilities in the ecological conditions of Aydın)
15:00 - 16:30 Workshop Final Session
Moderator Dr. Hakan ALTINÇEKİÇ
Creating the Final Report and Action Plan Suggestions
16:30 - 17:00 Closing Speech
Ali SUKAS Istanbul Tree and Landscape Inc. General. Director