TCDD Transportation has removed discounts for all groups of teachers, students, disabled and TCDD employees in business class wagons, which are generally preferred by business people. Passengers can now travel on these wagons by paying full ticket.
Haberturk'ten Olcay Aydilek according to the news, TCDD, 'business class' wagons, ticket prices, as well as the quality of service comes in successive steps.
With the new year, TCDD put an end to the ongoing reductions in business class wagons since the launch of YHTs.
The discounts to be removed as of 3 January 2020 are as follows:
- 13 percent of young people (ages 26-15),
- Teachers 15 percent,
- At least 12 percent of group passengers are 15 percent,
- 60 percent of passengers between the ages of 64-15,
- Domestic and foreign press card holders 15 percent,
- TCDD staff 20 percent,
- 7 percent of children (ages 12-50),
- 65 percent of passengers aged 50 and over.
- Discounts for disabled people
After the abolition of discounts on YHT and Ankara-Istanbul business class wagons, ticket prices with and without meals are as follows:
- Anatolian side: One person without food 125, with food 155 TL
- European side: 140.50 TL per person without meals, 170.50 TL with meals.
Only round trip discount
TCDD sources, business-class wagons only 15-percent discount if the purchase of round-trip tickets, all segments of the business class can travel by paying the full ticket price, he said.
Sources, other wagons, said the existing discounts continue.
Service Quality Will Be Improved
It was also learned that TCDD also aims to increase the service quality offered in business class wagons. In this context, passengers will be given steel cutlery instead of plastic. The services will be served on a porcelain plate. Tender preparations are ongoing. After this arrangement, business class ticket prices are expected to increase at a certain rate.