CHP leader Kemal Kılıçdaroğlu, Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Channel Istanbul Workshop organized by the Istanbul TUBITAK'ın referring to the report found Channel Istanbul. 'You can not help but if you wanted the Canal Istanbul will be held, "he referencing the TÜBİTAK report on the project's President Erdogan Kılıçdaroğlu," we TUBITAK in Turkey the pupil of an institution, Article 14 case wrote that the project is how much is wrong, "he said. CHP leader TUBITAK report details of the CHP Vice President Responsible for Natural Rights Gülizar Biçer Karaca explained.
CHP Deputy Chairman Responsible for Nature Rights Denizli Deputy Gülizar Biçer Karaca, the Ministry of Environment and Urbanization of the TUBITAK Marmara Research Center (MAM) about the Channel Istanbul project has shared the opinion of the EIA report with all details.
Gülizar Biçer Karaca With the logic of “I did it,, there is no luxury to implement the Channel Istanbul project, which is contrary to reason and science. Channel Istanbul EIA Report TUBITAK MAM objections are included in the opinion, TUBITAK non-expert team prepared EIA report is not scientific 'he says. If the channel comes to life in Istanbul, the Marmara Sea ends, the Black Sea ecosystem collapses.
Request; The findings in the TUBITAK MRC Report, which will directly affect the course of the Kanal Istanbul project, which Karaca listed item by item:
* Information on prevention of environmental impacts of screening and casting is insufficient and not based on scientific basis.
90 Million m3 of material to be extracted from the sea and lake floor has not been detailed planning on how to apply sea fill and discharging options to the sea.
- The material to be discharged into the Marmara Sea is very high in sludge and organic carbon. Reactive organic matter and human / organic pollutants are at risk of damaging the sea and marine ecosystem.
- According to the TÜBİTAK analysis report, the wastes that need to be disposed on land are requested to be filled into the sea in the EIA Report.
- Bottom dredging sludge disposal has physical, chemical and biological risks
- Ecosystem will be destroyed in a larger area than expected at the seabed
- Turbidity caused by high amounts of sludge discharge will spread to larger areas. There is no information or suggestions on this subject.
- With its thousands of tons of organic matter load, it will negatively affect the oxygen balance of the Marmara Sea and will completely exhaust the oxygen in the areas with poor water circulation.
- The substance to be discharged is at risk of causing acute and chronic effects for the Marmara Sea water cone and bottom organisms.
- During the excavation of Küçükçekmece lake and canal, contaminated material will be contaminated by currents and wind and dissolved ions, metals and organic matter will cause pollution in Marmara Sea coastal
- As a result, it was found that the determination of the environmental / ecological impacts of the bottom survey activity in the EIA report was not based on scientific basis and was not carried out by expert marine scientists.
- Water from the Black Sea to the Marmaray, at least twice the estimated EIA report in the model study, an average of 2 km20 / year of water from the Black Sea to the Marmara Sea was determined. However, according to sources, this figure will be at least twice that of 3 km20 / year.
- There will be a monolayer water flow from the Black Sea to Marmaray (different from the bilayer flow regime in the Bosporus).
This is thought to disrupt the holistic ecosystem of the Sea of Marmara.
- Sea water measurements in the EIA report are inadequate in measuring and understanding impacts. It needs to be done by marine scientists (chemical, physical, biological oceanographers) over longer term data.
- The Western Black Sea coastline should be protected by a private natural beach, and will be wasted for the disposal of material to be released after the excavations.
- While intensive efforts are underway to understand and protect deep ecosystems worldwide, it is strongly necessary to avoid the opposite ideas and arguments while it is only our responsibility to protect and maintain an inland sea that belongs to us.
- In the EIA report, measures to prevent the impact of marine wastes on marine ecosystem are not mentioned.
- The effect of the channel on taste water aquifers has not been investigated during the period when the increase in water demand and the effects of climate change are expected.
- The need for the canal is only linked to ship traffic and accidents. Lack of ecological, social and economic cost benefit research.
- Only a narrow area around the channel is shown as a social domain. However, the area of influence is the entire Marmara Sea and the surrounding settlements. (Sözcü)