Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality responded to the 'approval' statement of the Ministry of Treasury and Finance. In the statement, “IMM projects find credit because they are excluded from the Public Investment Program by the Presidency Strategy and Budget Directorate, but they do not come to the treasury approval. For foreign borrowing, first the project is included in this investment program and then treasury approval is required. ”
Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality Sözcüsu Murat Ongun, the Ministry of Treasury and Finance responded to the statement.
In the statement made by the municipality, the following statements were used:
- Although IMM projects have been taken out of the Public Investment Program by the Presidency of Strategy and Budget, they do not come to the Treasury for approval.
- In order to obtain foreign debt, the project must first be included in this investment program and then treasury approval is required.
3 projects that İBB President Ekrem İmamoğlu announced that they could not be started because they could not get Treasury approval although they found a loan; It was learned that the Eminönü-Alibeyköy Tram Line, Bostancı-Dudullu Metro Line and the Neonatal-Hospital Line. Calling the President to the subway, Imamoglu said, “We need Treasury approval before we can mobilize the loan. There is a loan, we find it. It is just a touch we want ”.
Then, in a written statement made by the Ministry of Treasury and Finance, it was said:
- Istanbul Metropolitan Mayor Ekrem Imamoglu, said on Tuesday, January 14 (Today), '2020, we have opened a demand for some metro lines, especially in which we provide credit facilities. We need Treasury approval to mobilize the loan. Our request for 3 lines was denied in the first week of January.
- In January this year, the Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality did not submit any loan approval requests submitted to our Ministry or rejected by our Ministry.
- With the letter dated 126 for the procurement of non-guaranteed foreign borrowing permissions, Üsküdar-Altunizade-Ümraniye Dudullu Metro Line 29.11.2019 Metro Vehicle requested by the Ministry of Istanbul Metropolitan Municipality, Başakşehir-Kayaşehir Metro Line Construction, Electromechanical Works and Vehicle Procurement, Kaynarca-Pendik -Tuzla Metro Line Construction, Electromechanical Works and Vehicle Procurement, Çekmeköy Sultanbeyli Metro Line Construction, Electromechanical Works and Vehicle Procurement, Ümraniye-Ataşehir-Göztepe Metro Line Construction, Electromechanical Works and Vehicle Procurement projects with letter dated 30.07.2019, Mahmutbey-Bahçeşehir -Esenyurt and Cherry Halkalı It has already been given with the letter dated 22.10.2019 for Metro Lines Projects.Sözcü)