Completed Under Construction and Planned High Speed Train Projects: When the Republic was established, 4000 km.demiryolu was taken over from the Ottoman Empire. In the first 20 year of the Republic, the facilities of today's construction technology, that is, in this time period where there is no construction machinery, 4000 km. the road was more. With the addition of high-speed railway line to Turkey he met with about 8.000 km long high-speed rail transport. Here are the completed and ongoing high speed train projects:
COMPLETED HIGH SPEED PROJECTS
Ankara Istanbul: In order to reduce travel time between Ankara and Istanbul, the two largest cities of our country, to create a fast, comfortable and safe transportation opportunity and to increase the share of railway transportation, the first phase of the Ankara-Istanbul High Speed Railway Project was Pendik) was opened in 2009.
513 up to a corridor length of km 250 km / h The speed of travel between two major cities was 4 hours.
Gebze Halkalı With the completion of the suburban line, Ankara-Istanbul High Speed Railway and Marmaray are integrated to provide uninterrupted transportation from Europe to Asia.
Eskişehir Bursa by bus, Izmir, Kutahya, Afyonkarahisar and Denizli between YHT connected trains travel time has significantly reduced.
Ankara Eskişehir: In fact, it is not a detached project, it is a part and first stage of the Ankara Istanbul project. 245 km. long. It was commissioned in 2009. Travel time 1 hours 35 minutesd. It has been an experience for the transition to High Speed Train which is the subject of high technology for our country.
Ankara Konya: It departs from Polatlı station on Ankara Eskişehir High Speed Train line. So 90 Km. long Ankara - Polatlı road was utilized. 212 km long. It was commissioned in 2011. Travel time 2 hoursTruck.
Eskişehir Pendik (İstanbul): Total 288 km. and the integration to Marmaray Project was achieved.
Konya Istanbul:YHT flights between Konya-Eskişehir-İstanbul and 11 hour travel time between Konya-İstanbul by bus 4,5 hourse landed.
Konya Eskisehir: Travel time between two cities with the start of Eskişehir Konya YHT flights 1 hours 50 minuteslanded.
YHT LINES CONTINUING CONSTRUCTION
Ankara to Izmir: Route: Ankara Afyon Usak Manisa Izmir. Ankara - Konya route is located near 120. km. Kocahacılar station will be separated by line. Total 624 km long. It is foreseen to be completed in 2023. Travel time 3 and a half hours will continue.
Ankara Sivas: Its route is Ankara Kırıkkale Yozgat Yerköy Sivas. 442 km long. The project is expected to be completed in 2020.
Bursa Bilecik: 105 km long. It is planned to be put into operation in 2021. From Bilecik station, Bursa, Ankara, Istanbul, Sivas and later Karsa YHT contact will be provided.
Konya Karaman: Konya Karaman High-Speed Train Project will shorten distances Konya Karaman high-speed train line is completed 40 minutes from Karaman to Konya, Ankara 2 hours 10 minutes, Istanbul can be reached in approximately 5 hour. The project is expected to open in the months of 2020.
High Speed Rail High Speed Rail Project and Turkey Map
YHT PROJECTS IN PLANNING
Tourism List is expected to increase with the rapid and safe increase of transportation with many planned projects. Ankara Antalya Alanya Konya leaving Konya Aksaray Cappadocia Kayseri / Erciyes and Divrigi tourism line is aimed.
- Gebze Sabiha Gökçen Yavuz Sultan Selim Bridge-3. Airport Halkalı New Railway Project
- Halkalı (Ispartakule) Kapıkule New Railway Project
- Bursa-Gemlik New Railway Project
- Eskişehir Kütahya (Alayunt) Afyonkarahisar (Zafer Airport) Burdur Isparta Antalya New Railway Project (North South Corridor)
- Antalya İzmir (Burdur-Denizli-Aydın-İzmir) High Speed Railway Project
- Samsun Merzifon Çorum Kırıkkale (Delice) Kırşehir Aksaray Ulukışla Yenice Adana Mersin New Railway Project (North South Corridor)
- Yerköy Kayseri High Speed Railway Project
- Kayseri Nevşehir Aksaray Konya Antalya New Railway Project
- Tokat-Turhal New Railway Project
- Gaziantep Nizip Şanlıurfa Mardin Nusaybin New Railway Project
- Kahramanmaraş Nurdağ New Railway Project
- Erzincan Erzurum Kars New Railway Project
- Sivas Malatya Elazığ Diyarbakır New Railway Project
- Gölbaşı Adıyaman Kahta New Railway Project
- Erzincan Gumushane Trabzon New Railway Project
- Siirt Kurtalan New Railway Project
- High Speed Train Project List is taken from TCDD website.