This news will break the memorization of those who say tram 1992 started in the year of tram N in Konya
At the beginning of the 1900 years, in addition to Istanbul and Izmir, the 1912 was running a tramway in the Ottoman province of Thessaloniki until it was captured by the Greek army in the Balkan War. As the Anatolian-Baghdad railway reached Konya at 1895 and the train started to run in 1896, it was difficult to reach the station from the city center. For this reason, in order to meet the need for transportation, the Grand Vizier Ferit Pasha of the Grand Vizier Avlony, who previously served as the governor in Konya, transported the tram in Thessaloniki to Konya when the electric tram was put into service in 1906. Today, 80 is remembered by those around the age of 1930'lu years until the beginning of the horse-carrying tram, moving in front of the tomb Amil Çelebi'nin moving from the front of the house, the tomb street right, Istanbul street, from there to the left to the government area, the Central Bank by passing Yusuf Shar ' 's mansion, the former municipality, left in front of the current business bank Arapoğlu scissors.
As the Anatolian-Baghdad railway reached Konya at 1895 and the train started to run in 1896, it was difficult to reach the station from the city center. For this reason, in order to meet the need for transportation, the Grand Vizier Ferit Pasha of the Grand Vizier Avlony, who previously served as the governor in Konya, transported the tram in Thessaloniki to Konya when the electric tram was put into service in 1906.
Today, 80 is remembered by those around the age of 1930'lu years until the beginning of the horse-carrying tram, moving in front of the tomb Amil Çelebi'nin moving from the front of the house, the tomb street right, Istanbul street, from there to the left to the government area, the Central Bank by passing Yusuf Shar ' 's mansion, the former municipality, left in front of the current business bank Arapoğlu scissors. The house of the attorney named Arapoglu Kosti, which was the provincial building of ANAP, and the corps building (Former Girls' Secondary School) in front of the Tahir Pasha Mosque, the Atatürk Museum (Governor's House) followed by the Agricultural Monument (Atatürk Monument) followed Feritpaşa Street (station street). ) to the station. Apart from this line, there was also a freight tram for the transfer of wheat between the old wheat market and the station. The ticket fare for a pair of horse-drawn trams was 1906 in 2, while 1923 in 6 was up to a penny. The 1 penny of this was given to Hilal-i Ahmer (Red Crescent). The tram, where the driver was separated from the passengers by a curtain, was similar to a covered horse carriage. However, this transportation vehicle called tram for going on and off the rail, car, kaptıkaçtı and coach cars started to operate with the motor vehicles such as buses were removed from the expedition rails of this transportation vehicle was removed. (See A. Sefa Odabaşı - 20. The appearance of Konya at the beginning of the century - Nail Bülbül, Merhaba newspaper) Some of the rails were later used as electric poles.
After the equestrian tram was eliminated, the idea of the growth of the city and the establishment of the university on the way to Istanbul emerged and transportation alternatives to the campus came to the agenda. In 1983, “Konya Urban Transportation Plan Synthesis and Suggestions Report” was prepared and approved by the Ministry. In the same year, the State Planning Organization applied to establish a Light Rail Transportation System. 29 March In 1985, a feasibility study was applied to the State Planning Organization for the inclusion of the project in the investment program, and 03 October In October 1985, an Investment Incentive Certificate was obtained. 06 May 1986 contract was signed for the materials and services to be brought from abroad following the permissions obtained from the Prime Ministry, Undersecretariat of Treasury and Foreign Trade and Undersecretariat of State Planning Organization. German Kreditanstalt für Wiederaufbau Government Agency providing external financing of the project (KfW) a loan agreement in July 09 1987 38 million DM in the amount between the Republic of Turkey signed contracts made with this amount was subsequently increased. 13 July The foundation of the Konya Rail System Plant was laid in July 1987 by the prime minister of the time where the current storage area is located. In addition, a consultancy tender was made in accordance with the loan, and the German Obermeyer - Rail Consult company won the tender and 23 October 1987 signed a consultancy agreement with this company.
While the construction works are going on, the first 16 tram, which is part of the tender, started to be transported from Cologne at 25 November 1988. The first movement between the warehouse and the Republic was realized by applying electricity from the system to the tram number 104 in April 15. Then 1992 April 23'de opening the first opening of the trial campaign and training began. After the training of the patriots was completed and all tests were carried out, 1992 September 28 started the free operation in the 1992 km section between Alaaddin and Cumhuriyet, free of charge. The first fare for trams at 10,5 was 1992 7 TL and the exchange rate of that day was equivalent to 000 Pfennig. After the construction and assembly works of the system have been completed in 13 km between Cumhuriyet-Campus, trial flights have started in 8 and 21.12.1995 has been put into operation by the President of the time with a ceremony held in April 19. Initially, 1996-16 was purchased by additional 1995 trams in order to meet the intensified demands for the rail system serving with 96 trams. 25 October 2001 was put into service with a ceremony in front of the fair and 26 tramway is still in operation. All of the tramcars were purchased from KVB, the Cologne city transport company. The wagons are 11 articulated vehicles with one-way 2001 axles manufactured between 51-1963 in Düsseldorf DÜWAG wagon plants. Length 67 m, width 8 m; The 2 has a total capacity of 30 passengers, including 2,5 seats. There are 83 direct current motors, each of which has 331 kw.
All assembly and construction works of 18,5 km line between Alaaddin-University campus were done by our municipality teams and electro-mechanical equipments used were supplied from Germany by Siemens. Railway sleepers were purchased from TCDD's Afyon Sleeper Factory. Intersections, a portion of the perimeter of the warehouse, s49 straight rail is used in the sections. The rails are continuously welded by Aluminö-Thermit welding elements of our municipality. All the materials and equipment in the system are new and only the tram wagons have been used. There are 29 stops between Alaaddin-campus. 7 has a turnstile system. In addition to paper tickets in turnstiles and trolleys, the electronic card (hand card) system was put into service in 2001 and it is aimed to completely remove the paper ticket in the future. Rail clearance is 1435 mm. The voltage in the catenary system is 750 v direct current and 6 is supplied from the point. The workshop 6385 m2 has a closed area. Personnel around 5 work in technical and administrative departments, including 60 engineers. Approximately 8 personnel including 120 engineers were involved in the construction of the rail system. Likewise, the first 1996 number of 51,5, which was contracted for the purchase in 30, and 1 in the first 2000 number of the tram, also consumed 26 million DM.
Konya Rail System Facility, which currently serves on the 51 km line between the Alaaddin-campus with 18,5 vehicles, has the capacity to carry 12 000 passengers in one direction.