What happened today in railway history?
Today in History
- 16 AUGUST 1838 The Balde Port Trade Agreement facilitated the trade and investment of European capitalists in the Ottoman lands.
- 16 August 1917 Sharif Hussein's rebels also wounded our 4 soldier and our martyred 10 soldier. Our 57 soldiers are captured. 326 rail, 6 bridge, 30 telegraph pole, was sabotaged.
- 16 August 1937 Sivas-Malatya iltisak line was opened.
- 16 August 1998 Iskenderun-Divrigi (577 km) Electrification Plant was put into service.
- 16 In August 1908, Ankara-Baghdad railway workers went on strike.