Üçyol-Buca Metro line project accusing the government at every opportunity CHP Izmir Metropolitan, hit the wall. It turned out that the project was the victim of the erroneous feasibility report
Izmir Metropolitan Municipality started work to relieve Buca traffic, which is becoming more and more attractive every day. In this context, the project tender of Üçyol Buca Metro was launched. In October 2017, the Governorship of Izmir decided that EIA is not required for the Buca Metro, which has a total length of 13.5 kilometers. Izmir Metropolitan Municipality has contacted international credit institutions to provide financing of the project. Since the subway line will be implemented with international credit, the project was sent to the approval of the Ministry of Development High Planning Council after it was approved by the General Directorate of Infrastructures of the Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communication. When the Ministry of Development was closed after the June 24 elections, the file was transferred to the General Directorate of Sectors and Public Investments of the Presidency Strategy and Budget Directorate. Izmir Metropolitan Municipality blamed the central government for Üçyol - Buca Metro, which has not yet been awarded at every opportunity before the 31 March local elections. Aziz Kocaoğlu, the former head of the Izmir Metropolitan Municipality, held the government responsible for the farewell visit to Kemalpaşa shortly before he handed over the task to Tunç Soyer. Kocaoğlu said “Everything in Buca metro is ok”; “The project was approved at the General Directorate of Infrastructures. Currently in the Ministry of Development. A cover letter from the formality will be written and signed. I have been waiting for three days for a day's work. ” Buğra Gökçe, the Secretary General of the Metropolitan Municipality, also stated that the Buca Metro is waiting for approval in Ankara during the briefing it gave to the Members of the Izmir Economic Development and Coordination Board in the past months; "We don't have a technical gap to make this investment," he said.
ERRORS MUST BE CORRECTED
Egeli MORNINGHis research revealed that the citizen was misinformed by the CHP in the election process. Presidency Strategy and Budget Directorate General Directorate of Sectors and Public Investments, listed the errors in the feasibility report prepared by the Metropolitan Municipality in April 26, in response to the letter written by İzmir Metropolitan Municipality for the Buca Metro's investment program for 2019. Stating that they found the project positive in principle, the head office asked the metropolitan municipality to correct the errors in the feasibility report.
* The construction cost per kilometer, excluding vehicle costs, is calculated by us as 67 million USD and it is considered that this amount is much higher than the average construction cost per kilometer of 40-45 million USD.
* It is considered that the unit vehicle cost, which is accepted as 1,9 million USD in feasibility, is a high assumption. As a matter of fact, the unit vehicle cost of the metro projects currently underway is between 1.1 and 1.4 million USD.
* Average fare; 0.82 TL (0.22 USD) is considered by considering the discounted, free and transfer passengers and the annual inflation of 5 is envisaged for ticket revenues.
* On the other hand, it is seen that in all calculations except for the construction costs, financial and economic analyzes are based on the program rate of 2018, 1 USD = 3.733 TL, but in the estimation of the cost of the project, the program rate of 2019 is 1 USD, which is 5.60 TL.
* In addition, in the economic analysis, it is considered that the discount rate, which is accepted as 10 percent in US dollars, is high considering the market conditions.
* In the year 2022, when the project will be put into service, the peak hour one-way trip demand is seen to be 17 thousand 235 passengers / hour, and it is seen that this demand level meets the minimum 10 thousand passengers / hour required for the construction of the metro systems included in the 15th Development Plan. In addition, it is foreseen that there will be 105 million 403 thousand 454 passengers per year on the route during the first operating year and 319 thousand 404 passengers per day. Currently, the 20 km long subway line in Izmir, the 23 km long tram line, the 136 km long suburban line, while the total number of passengers per day is 1 million 705 thousand 470, while the daily project is only 13.3 km, the daily projection of 319 thousand 404 is higher. It is considered to be optimistic.
Buca Metro Route