In Italy, thousands of people took action after the government gave the green light to the new high-speed train line, which has been under construction for years, between Turin and Lyon, France.
share on facebook
The high-speed train line project between Turin, Italy and Lyon, France has been protested for years.
The protesters took to the streets when the Italian government sent a letter of commitment to the project to the competent bodies of the European Union.
The walk began in the Susa Valley on the route where the line will pass. There was a melee between the demonstrators and the security forces.
Stone and grenade throwing protesters group, security officials responded with tear gas.
The controversial issue is the 57 kilometer tunnel on the new line that will shorten the transport time between Turin and Lyon.
It is claimed that both the high cost of the tunnel and the sources of uranium and asbestos on the route it will pass will adversely affect human health.
Kaynak: TRT Haber
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transport Technology News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- High-speed train line protest in Italy 28/02/2012 1 was injured during the actions of the people of the region against the high-speed train line planned to be built between the city of Turin in Italy and Lyon, France. The protest against the high-speed train line tunnels near Val di Susa, between Turin and the French border, was re-enacted yesterday with actions that began throughout the country. In the last episode of protests that have been going on since last summer, Lucca Abba, one of the leaders of the protesters, was climbed to hang a flag in an electric transformer in the town of Chiomonte. Abba was immediately taken to the hospital after the incident Olay
- High Speed Train Protest in Rome 22/10/2013 High Speed Train Protest in Rome: 15 detained in front of Ministry of Economy Police were detained In Rome, the capital of Italy, Turin and the high-speed train line in Lyon, France, were protested. The march from the city's main squares, San Giovanni, started in the afternoon and ended in the evening in Porta Pia. On the walk, both the high-speed train line between Turin and Lyon was protested both the government's economic policies. 15 demonstrator was detained due to incidents during the march. 3 security guard was injured. Nearly a thousand people participated in the march, including many immigrants. Sayı
- Very high speed train auction | Ankara-Konya High-Speed Train Line (6) very high speed train set tender tender 16/11/2012 Very high-speed train tender: The tender to include the purchase of 6 units of very high-speed trains on the Ankara-Konya High-Speed Train Line, the 4 firm was bidding, while the lowest bid came from the Chinese company CNR with the 263 million 510 thousand 757. The Republic of Turkey State Railways (TCDD) General Directorate, Ankara-Konya High Speed Train (YHT) to meet the growing demand in the line and the number 6 order to increase the number of flights in very high-speed train set purchase in the tender, including the 4 firm offer, while the lowest The offer came from the Chinese company CNR with the 263 million 510 thousand 757 dollars. TCDD, Ankara-Konya CD
- Bursa also produces high technology: Italy is running its high-speed train in Bursa 29/09/2014 Bursa produces high technology: Bursa is running its high-speed train. No doubt ... Bursa is truly an industrial city. Sometimes the negative effects of the industry comes to the agenda and the public opinion of "industry is more than enough" comes to the fore. But ... it's not possible to give up industry. Aside from the employment provided to the city, production is always important. Because the way of development goes through production. Moreover, in order to reach today's competitive understanding and world markets, it is not enough to produce only. Today ... Technology production, especially high-tech production is very important. At this point, it is necessary to emphasize that Bursan shows great progress. Although ...
- Frecciarossa 1000 Very High Speed Train - Italy 22/05/2015 Frecciarossa 1000 Very High-Speed Train - Italy: VWNNXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX is very fast and it is known as Frecciarossa 300. Trains designed for 1000 km per hour will be the fastest trains in Europe. Specially designed for long distance trips, Bombardier trains are designed according to the principles of superior safety and comfort. According to the 1000 billion contract awarded by the Bombardier and AnsaldoBreda Consortium, the Consortium in 400 produced a very high-speed train of 1.5 units. The first journey of trains running between Milan and Rome was attended by RayHaber Roma
- Rapid train protest in Italy led to conflict (Video) 25/11/2013 Italy's high-speed train protest led to clashes: the police attacked the action against the construction of high-speed rail link roads in Italy. The conflict continued for hours. In Italy, more than a thousand people against the construction of the connection road for the high-speed train in Rome yesterday (22 November) held a protest in Rome. The group wanted to march to the French Consulate where the Italian Prime Minister had a formal conversation with the French president and the police intervened very hard. After the intervention of the police, the protesters began to clash over the crowded alleyways. The crowds clashed with the gas bombs for hours. Fast train project between Italy and France, both to the public İtalya
- High-speed train protest in Kadıköy (Video) 23/07/2014 Rapid train protest in Kadikoy: The group walking to Haydarpasa Train Station reacted to the train picture on the posters where the high-speed train was announced. 41 to kill the person died in the 2004 Pamukova accident to come together to remind the group, Kadikoy Altıyol Walk to Haydarpasa Train Station. During the march, the group tore up the posters of the High Speed Train ads on the boards. The group gathered at Altıyol Square with the üd transportation for public, not for rent “, ü capital, defect, Istanbul is our G written remittances and closed Söğütlüçeşme Street and walked to Haydarpaşa Train Station. , Indır Cultural heritage cannot be sold ve and atı Stations are the people “
- The high-speed train protest is over with “high voltage Hızlı. 28/02/2012 The demonstration in Italy's Piemonte resulted in an accident due to the fact that the high-speed train project planned to be built on the Lyon-Torino line would harm the environment. Luca Abba, one of the protesters' group, climbed to a high-voltage line pole and asked for the police to move away. However, Abba got into an electric current and the 10 fell down from the height of the meter. The seriously injured 37-year demonstrator was taken to a hospital in Turin, where the ambulance was a helicopter 60 miles away. Sitting in front of the hospital and in various cities where Abba is being treated. Only environmentalists will be able to take part in the high-speed train project, which is planned to be commissioned in the 300 line on the Turin-Lyon line, which runs through a mountainous area and has a highway over 2023 bir
- Italy - Police Chief Injured in High-Speed Train Protest 23/07/2012 Italy's city of Turin and the city of Lyon on the high-speed train line between the Italian side of the high-speed train from the Italian side of the group of approximately 650, protested the line and clashed with the police. The construction site of the high-speed train line tunnel in Chiomonte, near Val di Susa, between Turin and Italy's border with France, was the scene of an action by a group of 22.00 protesters in the 650 waters at local time. Demonstrators clashed with the police in the action of the group that called themselves "No Tav" or "no to train". The police intervened in the demonstrators with pressurized water. During the events, demonstrators were fired by a Molotov cocktail, Italy General Investigations and Olay
- High Speed Train Line Between France and Italy 04/12/2012 High Speed Train Line Between France and Italy French President François Hollande and Italian Prime Minister Mario Monti signed the project to implement the 57 kilometer tunnel under the Alpine Mountains as part of the controversial Lyon-Torino high-speed train project. Hollande stated that the project would be the symbol of the partnership to be established in many areas: "We are trying to reach a big common point, this partnership is based on carrying out political projects at European level. 8.5 billion euros of the tunnel will cost 2,9 billion Euros, while the remaining 2,2 billion Euro is the remaining part of the European Union in