A sound barrier was built in Jiangmen, Guangdong Province, China to prevent high-speed rail noise from affecting birds in the wetland, which creates habitats for more than one thousand 30 birds.
The sound attenuating barrier was designed for two kilometers as part of the 355 kilometer-long Jiangmen-Zhanjiang high-speed train line.
The high-speed train line passes the 800 meter right in the middle of the bird habitat known as “Bird Paradise”. On an island in the government-protected park, there is a dense banyan tree forest that nests dozens of bird species.
The noise barrier, built in three months, cost 187 million yuan (US $ 28 million). Inside the barrier, the 100 sound absorber was installed, each with an operational life of 42.260 years. The barrier was built to withstand very high typhoon.
The researchers measured the change in the volume of sound in the middle of Bird's Paradise as the high-speed train passed after the barrier was built. The barrier was so effective that the train noise was actually destroyed, so the sound only increased 0,2 decibels as the train passed.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transport Technology News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- TCDD: Train shut down barrier and train hits minibus 20/03/2014 TCDD: Guard barrier closing the train minibus was hit by Republic of Turkey State Railways (TCDD) General Directorate, guarded the state runs between Mersin TAŞKENT- Huzurkent and barrier in Bagcilar level crossings, the shuttle van entering the gate when closing the barrier by the gate guard with the release in front of the passenger train 9 said that the person died and the administrative and judicial investigation initiated in relation to the incident continued. TCDD made a written statement about the parade accident in Mersin. In the statement, the 07.35 M 33 plate service minibus in the 1104 ranks of the service gate between the Mersin and Adana Km.16 + 036, the barrier and the guarded Bağcılar level crossing, the parade bugün
- Vehicles Pass Through Level Crossing with Closed Barrier in Niğde 20/03/2017 In Niğde, vehicles pass the barrier through a closed level crossing: vehicles in Niğde continue to pass by not obeying the rules, despite the fact that railway track crossing barriers are closed. Citizens, in front of the special provincial administration crossing a train crossing the barriers were closed by saying that the barrier is 2 4'dan wants to be removed. Although there have been frequent accidents in recent years, drivers have not crossed the rules and have crossed through the crossing although barriers are closed. The drivers who do not want to wait for the train to pass after the closing of the barriers which are one in each direction of arrival and departure, endanger their lives by passing the road between the barriers which are insufficient. Environment…
- Tender Announcement: Study Project Service for Noise Barrier Project 06/07/2017 Study Project Service for the Noise Barrier Project will be taken. General Directorate of State Railways (TCDD) 3. REGIONAL IMMOVABLE PROPERTY DIRECTORY Head of 3500 No. 1250 to 4750 Public Works Law No: 4734 Noise Barrier Project in Hilal - Bandırma (İzban) Line (19 Mt in Şemikler-Mavişehir) and open tender procedure. Detailed information on the tender is as follows: Tender Registration Number: 2017 / 321618 1-Administration a) Address: ATATURK CADDESI 121 / A ALSANCAK KONAK / IZMIR b) Telephone and fax number: 2324640928 - İ
- Tender Announcement: Noise Barrier Project Architecture / Engineering Service Procurement 05/04/2018 Noise Barrier Project Architecture / Engineering Service General Directorate of State Railways (TCDD) 3. REGIONAL PURCHASE AND STOCK CONTROL SERVICE DIRECTOR Hilal - Bandırma line (between Çiğli-Ata Sanayi and Egekent-I stations) will be tender. The tender details of the tender are as follows: Tender Registration Number: 4750 / 4734 19-Administration a) Address: ATATURK CADDENE 2018 / A ALSANCAK KONAK / IZMIR b) Telephone and fax number: 157756 - 1 c) Electronic İ
- Noise barrier for highways and railways from Ytong 21/01/2019 Türk Ytong, the leading company in the building material industry, developed the Ytong Noise Barrier, an affordable and environmentally friendly solution to reduce the impact of road and rail traffic noise on the environment. The Ytong Noise Barrier was designed to contribute to the harmonization efforts of European Union legislation, which was initiated to control and reduce environmental noise pollution. The high sound insulation performance of the Ytong Noise Barrier has been certified by TS EN 1793 standard acoustical tests performed at TSE Laboratories. It will be used as a noise / noise screen in order to control the environmental noise pollution in highway, railways, airports and industrial areas and to reduce the negative effects on the living areas.
- The third airport intersected with birds' migration routes 22/05/2013 The third airport intersected with the migratory routes of birds The 3 will be built on the route where the storks migrate. special measures are taken for the airport. Experts recommend monitoring 2 year-old bird movements in order to avoid potential accidents, and regular bird counts. 3 to be held in Istanbul. Signatures were signed for the airport. The first stage is scheduled to be finished at 2017. The final Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) report of the project draws attention to the special emphasis on bird mobility. The report states that birds and migrations at the project site should be followed for at least 2 years. Ornithologist Assoc. Dr. Aziz Arslan added to the location of the airport, according to the EIA report, Turkey's most important bird migration ...
- They Observed Migratory Birds in Sarıyer 27/04/2014 They observed migratory birds in Sarıyer: representatives of nature associations from various countries 3. The bridge, 3. He made observations in the regions that are in the sphere of influence of the projects such as Airport and Canal Istanbul. In the Sarıyer section of the observation, birds were photographed with binoculars. "MILLIONS MILLING MAY BE NO" The migratory movement of birds was observed, and threats on nature were also evaluated. Avrupa Millions of birds migrate from Africa to Europe and from Europe to Africa every year ları, said Engin Yılmaz, General Manager of Doğa Derneği, the host of the event, stating that Istanbul is a very important place for world bird migration routes. The point of migration observation is that tens of thousands of predators and
- 3.Airport birds fighter balloon and plane 25/09/2014 3.Halloween birds fighter balloons and planes: 3 in Istanbul against the flocks of birds that are nightmares of planes during landings and take-offs. A new method was developed in the region where the Airport was built. İBB İSTAÇ A.Ş., which works to find the most compatible with nature through 35 different methods tried to keep the birds away from the airports, managed to remove the birds from the region with the world's longest model airplane with hunter bird balloons and 2.5 hour flight time. 2.5 hour flight time Because the storage area of İSTAÇ, which is the feeding area of birds, is 3. close to the airport.
- Bursa lobby gave voice to high-speed train bridge in İzmit Bay 14/02/2013 The Bursa lobby gave a sound to the high-speed train bridge in the Gulf of Izmit The Bursa lobby gave the voice of the President of İMO for the railway bridge to the Gulf, which was accepted as the future of the high-speed train. Parseker cared about the project. Attorney Şahin said, N Let's go to the Prime Minister pr… Necati Şahin, the President of the Chamber of Civil Engineers, made the following statement: Nec If ati Fast train passes Izmit Bay with the bridge, Ankara-Istanbul 2 hour 30 minute, Istanbul- Izmir 2 hours, Bursa-Istanbul 30 minutes, Bursa-Izmir 1 hours to 30 minutes will be reduced. N The reason for the shortening of the road, the railway line to be built for high-speed railway N
- Sound Barriers of High Speed Train Line to İzmit City Pass (Photo Gallery) 25/05/2013 The High Speed Train Line will be operated between ISTANBUL and Ankara and the 29 will be operated on the 90 Anniversary of the Republic's announcement in October. sound barrier barriers are placed in order not to affect the houses. High-speed train lines, which will take the train from Istanbul to Ankara to 3 hours, continue at full speed. In order to complete the YHT pipeline, which is planned to be cultivated on the 29 October Republic Day, the Minister of Transport Binali Yildirim came to the region frequently and received information.