After the death of an 8-year-old child in Frankfurt on the tracks, German Interior Minister Seehofer announced that security at the railway stations would be improved.
German Interior Minister Horst Seehofer held a press conference after an 8-year-old boy was pushed to death on the tracks at Frankfurt Main Train Station.
Seehofer said the meeting should increase the presence of police in stations in Germany and strengthen the security camera system. Reminding that there are about 5 thousand 600 train stations in different architectural structures in Germany, Seehofer stressed that increasing security measures is not a simple task.
Seehofer said a meeting will be held between the Interior Ministry, the Federal Ministry of Transport and the management staff of the German Railways with an agenda to improve security at the stations.
The Christian Social Union (CSU) party politician described the incident in Frankfurt as “a cold-blooded murder“ and a “disgusting crime”.
Attack suspect 3 father of children
On Monday at Frankfurt Main Station, a person pushed an 40-year-old mother and her 8-year-old son under a moving high-speed train. As the mother managed to escape from the incident at the last minute, the little boy under the train died on the tracks. The attacker, who tried to escape from the scene, was detained at the station with the help of others.
Information about the identity of the suspect was reflected to the public. He was born in 1979 and has Eritrean nationality. He is a resident of Switzerland and has three children. It is stated that the person who entered Switzerland without permission in 2006 applied for asylum and got refugee status two years later. It is recorded that the person currently has unlimited session rights.
The suspect has been searched by Swiss police since last Thursday. It was learned that the person had detained his neighbor by threatening him with a knife, but later he had escaped from Switzerland and had been detained. dpa / EC, UK ©Deutsche Welle in Turkish