The test drive, which started on March 19 at the Mecidiyeköy-Mahmutbey metro line, will take 6 months and the metro is expected to begin to carry passengers in 2019 after the trial flights. Kabataş Rail system that will provide transportation between Istanbul and Mahmutbey KabataşIt consists of 2 stages: Beşiktaş-Mecidiyekoy and Mecidiyekoy-Mahmutbey.
The second phase of the project KabataşWhile the construction works continue between Mecidiyeköy, the construction works have been completed between Mecidiyeköy and Mahmutbey, which is the first stage, and the test drives continue.
Mahmutbey-Mecidiyeköy metro, which has a length of 24.5 kilometers and consists of 19 stations, and the distance between the start and end stops will be covered in 26 minutes. Metro Kabataş - Beşiktaş - Mecidiyeköy - Mahmutbey Metro Line, Kabataş, Beşiktaş, Yıldız, Fulya, Mecidiyeköy, Çağlayan, Kağıthane, Nurtepe, Alibeyköy, Çırçır Mahallesi, Veysel Karani / Akşemsettin, Yeşilpınar, Kazım Karabekir, Yenimahalle, Karadeniz Mahallesi, Tekstilkent / Giyimkent, Yüzyıl / Oruç Reis, Göztepe Mahallesi, Mahmutbey it will pass.
Kabataş - Beşiktaş - Mecidiyeköy - Mahmutbey Metro Line;
1. Beşiktaş - Mahmutbey 31 minutes
2. Beşiktaş - Bahçeşehir 52 minutes
3. Beşiktaş - Alibeyköy 13 minutes
4. Beşiktaş - Kağıthane 9,5 minutes
5. Kabataş - Mahmutbey 34 minutes
6. Kabataş - Kadıköy 24,5 minutes
7. Kabataş - Atatürk Airport 50,5 minutes
8. Mecidiyeköy - Kağıthane 4 minutes
9. Mecidiyeköy - Tekstilkent 19,5 minutes
10. Mecdiyeköy - Başakşehir 36 minutes
11. Çağlayan - Yenikapı 14,5 door
12. Kağıthane - Üsküdar 25,5 minutes
13. Alibeyköy - Taksim 12 minutes
14. Mahmutbey - Üsküdar 34,5 minutes
4 and 8 wagons will serve between Mecidiyeköy and Mahmutbey which will be the first driverless metro line on the European side.
The test line is scheduled to be put into service at the end of this year if there are no problems.
With the completion of the second phase of the project Kabataş The line between Mahmutbey and; Beşiktaş, Şişli, Beyoğlu, Kağıthane, Eyüpsultan, Gaziosmanpaşa, Esenler and Bağcılar will connect 8 districts.