Tanzania, which aims to attract tourists to Kilimanjaro, the highest mountain in Africa and to attract tourists to the region, started to discuss the project with Chinese and Western companies.
According to the plan announced by the Deputy Minister of Tourism of Tanzania Constantine Kanyasu, around 50.000 tourists climb to Kilimanjaro at the height of 5 meters 900 meters per year. The ropeway, 50 50, which can not climb the mountain, will allow tourists to reach the summit and will increase the number of tourists by XNUMX.
Kanyasu said they were doing a feasibility study to see if the ropeway project worked or not, and that they were meeting two companies from China and the other from the West.
On the other hand, many tour operators in the country are opposed to the project because they fear that the ropeway will reduce the number of climbers. Operators said that the ropeway would play with the bread of tens of thousands of porters working around the mountain, and that guides that guide tourists would be adversely affected.
Loishiye Mollel, head of the Tanzania Porters Organization, said visitors normally spend a week climbing Mount Kilimanjaro.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transportation News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- Turkish Company to make Tanzania Central Corridor Railway Project 04/02/2017 Tanzania Central Corridor Railway Project to Be Made by Turkish Company: The first stage of the "Central Corridor Railway" project in Tanzania will be constructed with the Turkish company, its Portuguese partner. The building center and Mota-Engil signed the contract for the project at a ceremony in the city of Dar es Salaam, which won the tender for the line of approximately 200 kilometers. Jasmine ceremony, Turkey's Ambassador to Tanzania Dar es Salaam by the Minister of Transport Eralp Maker has joined the Mbawar. The base of the Darussalam-Morogoro railway project is planned to be completed within 45 days, while the project is planned to be completed within 30 months. After the Darussalam-Morogoro line, the railway, Morogoro to Dodoma, and then to the northern part of the country sel
- Rail System Activities: East Africa Transport Infrastructure 2013 Conference - Tanzania 02/01/2013 The East African Transport Infrastructure 2013 Conference will be held in 21-24 January 2013 in Tanzania. East Africa Transport Infrastructure The 2013 Conference is an international conference organized to shed light on the rapid development of railways, roads and harbors across the East African region, and the potential for growth and networking. Transport Infrastructure East Africa 2013 is a special 2 daily conference with 2 workshop for the owners, stakeholders, operators and the leading people in the transport industry. For more information on the event, please click: Raillynews
- The foundation of the Darogalam - Morogoro Railway Project was laid in Tanzania 01/05/2017 The construction of the Darogalam - Morogoro Railway Project in Tanzania was laid: Yapı Merkezi is building the fastest railway line in East Africa. Approximately 1.1 billion dollars Tanzania Dar es Salaam - Morogoro Railway Project was laid. The 1.224 km project, the first segment of the 205 km line, is the most critical part of the line. When the 5 part is completed, it will connect Uganda, Rwanda, the Democratic Republic of Congo and Tanzania and at the same time open East Africa to the Indian Ocean. The groundbreaking ceremony was held in Dar es Salaamam Pugu. John Pombe Joseph Magufuli, Tanzania Minister of Labor, Transport and Communications Maker ...
- Yapı Merkezi receives 1.9 billion dollar railway tender alone from Tanzania 02/10/2017 Yapı Merkezi, which is ranked as the 78 in the list of the world's greatest contractors, received a giant tender from Tanzania. In February, Yapı Kredi won the 1.2 billion-dollar high-speed train project with its Portuguese partner, and this time the second project of the same project won the second stage of the 1.9 billion-dollar Tanzania State Railways company Reli Assets Holding Company (RAHCO). Center's technical and financial requirements have been seen to meet the "said. 15 firm bid was offered. The second phase high-speed train project of Yapı Merkezi with 1.9 billion dollars, between Morogoro and Makutupora'n
- Train Accident in Tanzania, 10 Dead 26 Wounded 08/06/2018 In Tanzania, 10 was killed and 26 was injured in the accident. In Kigoma, Tanzania, the freight train collided with a train level crossing. Despite all the warnings of the train, the bus driver entering the level crossing caused insensitivity. According to preliminary investigations, 10 died in the accident. The treatment of the wounded are still being treated at the hospital. An investigation was launched in relation to the incident.
- Unique nature experience with Tahtali Cable Car | Cable Car Mounted Mountain (Video) 26/08/2013 The cable car tahtali mountain | Tahtali Aerial Cableway with unique doğakeyf of: tourism, adding a new potential for tourism that Turkey has further enrich an infidel gained: The world's second longest, Europe's longest cable car, the Mediterranean and Tahtalı in 2'365 meter height ' the summit. This splendid mountain covered with snow is growing rapidly and is a favorite of tourism. The technology and engineering marvel of Tahtalı Teleferik, which should be seen by all those who come to Antalya for business or tourism purposes, will be an ideal and unforgettable choice for daily visits. Snow, the top of Tahtali almost like a hat Tah
- New ropeway will make Uludag the center of attraction again 19/04/2014 Uludag new cable car will make again the center of attraction: one of Turkey's most important tourism centers of winter in order to become again the center of attraction made by Uludag Bursa Metropolitan Municipality has reached the end of the new cable car project. With the new ropeway line passengers and cabin capacity 12 floor is increasing. One of the most important winter tourism centers of Turkey Uludag again in order to become a center of attraction made by the Bursa Metropolitan Municipality has reached the end of the new cable car project. With the new ropeway line passengers and cabin capacity 12 floor is increasing. 1 IN ONE THOUSAND 800 PERSON CARRIED IN 1955 and projected in 1963 SA
- The official opening of Uludag cable car line will be Arinc 17/06/2014 The official opening of Uludağ cable car line will be made by Arınç: The official opening of the cable car, which was modernized by the Metropolitan Municipality of Bursa and started by 7 in June, will be held on Thursday at 19 by Deputy Prime Minister Bülent Arınç. In order to provide transportation between Bursa and Uludağ, 11.00 started the 1963 journey in June with its renewed face and a passenger capacity of one thousand 500. In the morning between 7 and the evening 08.00 and 22.00 - 19 20 shields that stop every second of the cable car veren
- Open-air cable car to Stanserhon Mountain 02/07/2012 Stanserhon Mountain in the city of Lucerne, Switzerland, a cable car for the purpose of tourist climbing is open. A high-rise cable car at 1900 meters above sea level allows tourists to take panoramic views. The journey starts at 711 meters above Kalti. At the same time, the two-storey cable car with two-fold can be closed to carry the tourist carries more than usual. Source: www.sabah.com.tr
- Antakya Municipality, Habibin Neccar Mountain to close the cable car pit closed 19/04/2012 The pits excavated by the Antakya Municipality for Habibin Neccar Mountain, which was built for the poles, closed. The ditches excavated at the Spinning Market and at the Call-Out sites and the pits excavated for the construction of the ropeway were a danger to the children. The residents of both neighborhoods were worried that a possible accident would have occurred in the pits that had been opened and no measures had been taken for the ropeway. The municipality of Antakya closed the pits and completely destroyed the ruined buildings. Source: www.atayurtgazetesi.com.tr