An old railway bridge on the Umba River in the Murmansk region, near Finland, was stolen on the north-western end of Russia.
The bridge, which was actively used until 12 years before the USSR era, was abandoned to its fate in another region. The Oktyabsky village on the bridge was also empty. A metal company in the region due to the bankruptcy of the unused and abandoned to the fate of the metal parts of the bricks have been playing for a long time and the river no longer a bridge over a citizen emerged notice of the police.
The bridge, connecting the two sides of the Umba River, was being used as a pedestrian crossing by few peasants in recent years.
In the USSR era, the bridge between Kirovsk-Lovozero cities is estimated to have stolen the bridge, which the thieves stole to supply scrap metal.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- In Ukraine, separatists exploded railway bridge 08/07/2014 The separatists in Ukraine detonated the railway bridge: the pro-Russian separatists detonated the railway bridge near Donetsk, passing the freight train. As clashes continued between Ukrainian army units and pro-Russian separatists, several separatists gathered in Donetsk city center after army troops captured Slavyanks, Kramatorsk, Drujkovka, Konstantinovka and Artemivska. The separatists who fear the Ukrainian army approaching the city are trying to close the city's transportation routes to delay the entry of army troops into the city. The railway bridge over the Donetsk-Slavyansk-Mariupol highway was detonated by separatists when the freight train passed through this afternoon. Eyewitnesses consecutive three separate bombs placed in different parts of the bridge tanık
- Russia's ammunition depot exploded Trans-Siberian Railway closed for a short time 01/05/2014 The ammunition depot exploded in Russia Trans Siberian Railway was closed for a short time: the munitions depot burned in Russia experiencing tension with the West due to the crisis in eastern Ukraine. The explosion in eastern Siberia caused at least one 10 death. The Russian Ministry of Defense said Tuesday evening that the explosion took place near the town of Bolshaya Tura, north of Mongolia. According to the statement, an uncontrollable fire led to the explosion of the ammunition tank. On Wednesday morning, 10 body was found in a truck. The truck was killed because of an explosion that broke out of the warehouse. 17 people were injured in the explosion. More than a thousand people in the region were evacuated because of fire and explosion. From Moscow ...
- Iran's new railway to accelerate trade with CIS and Russia 06/10/2014 The new railway in Iran will accelerate trade with the CIS and Russia: the Iranian 20 will be inaugurated the Gorgan-Slim Nose railway day after day. With the opening of the new international transportation route, transport time from Russia and CIS countries to the Persian Gulf will be significantly shortened and interregional trade volume will increase. According to ITAR-TASS, Mohsinpur Agaei, director of the Iranian State Railways Administration, announced that the capacity of the new railway will be at least 8 million tons per year. If the volume of trade is increased further, it is planned that the railway will be electrified from the ground up so that the electric locomotives can be used electrically. The length of the railway passing through Iran is only 82 kilometers, but its importance dan
- 1 billion dollar rail investment from Russia to Cuba 01/03/2017 1 billion dollar railway investment from Russia to Cuba: Russia's 1 billion dollar investment project will be realized in order to renew the infrastructure of the railway network in Cuba. Russian Railways vice president Aleksandr Misharin announced that they will realize 1 billion dollar investment project in order to renew the infrastructure of the railway network in Cuba. Speaking about the project, Alexander Misharin said on Tuesday that he had signed the contract with the Cuban interlocutors of the Russian Railways. Misharin added that the value of the project is 1 billion dollars. Source: advanced
- Railway Crash in Russia's Krasnodar Region Railway Crossing 07/11/2018 In Russia, a railway pass between Minsk and Krasnodar Region Timashevskaya Station and Vedmidovka Station, a train and truck collided with Minsk from Adler. Accident caused the truck driver was seriously injured. Many passengers were taken to the hospital. 3 November 2018 Friday occurred leading to Minsk from Adler in the crash passenger train Krasnodar Territory Timashevska Station saw the truck through a passage between Vedmidovk Station, for trains emergency stole the whistle and stepped on the brakes, but the distance between train and truck is too short they could not stop and the truck and the train collided with great violence. Railway…
- 40 from Russia on the day of the giant project to reduce the 14: Iron Silk Road 05/06/2012 From the Chinese border to Vienna, the freight forwarded to the sea in the pursuit of the balance of the project for the project rolled up Russia. Russia, which is said to have received support from the EU for the multi-billion dollar project, is now planning to reduce the 40 shipping time on 14 by sea. The Chinese-European railway line is not expected to be activated before 2025. The project, which aims to extend the Trans-Siberian railway line in two directions, has received support from the European Transport Commission. Experts argue that rail transport in every case more expensive than the sea, the Russian side "time will be compensated for this will be compensated," he believes. Vladimir Yakunin, CEO of Railways said, “We are in capacity, they are competitive in transport time CEO
- Russia's trolley bus wires broken in the car rolled over 25/09/2012 A car accident in Vladimir, which is located in one of Russia's central regions of Vladimir, was removed from a vehicle. An interesting accident on Vladimir's Suzdal street was reflected in a vehicle's security camera. When a vehicle moving on the street was caught in the trolleybus wires stripped by another lane passing by, a car was lifted and overturned. In the case, the driver of the car and broken his hand was also noted. Inspectors of the Ministry of the Interior Traffic Inspector, who made an examination of the accident, took the truck driver into custody. , The truck driver carrying the building materials has broken the wires of the trolley bus before. This is also Bu
- Military munitions exploded at Donguz train station in Orenburg city in Russia 10/10/2012 Military ammunition exploded at Donguz train station in Orenburg, Russia. Explosion occurred in the field of military testing jumped on the train loaded 40 wagon ammunition. Very strong explosions in the backdrop of a smoke cloud covering the entire region, thousands of people from the two towns began to be evacuated. . The town of Donguz has been partially evacuated, Rusya the Russian Ministry of Emergency Situation said. Sol-Lipetsk highway was closed to traffic. The ammunition wagons in the train station were also affected by the explosions at the 10.57 in Moscow at the time. Moskova The Ministry of Interior said that the military units in the region have started work and the fire has been taken under control. Disastrous…
- Turkish logistics centers should be established in certain regions of Russia 14/11/2014 Turkish logistics centers should be established in certain regions of Russia: President of Eastern Black Sea Exporters Association (NQF) Ahmet Hamdi Gürdoğan said that exports to Russia, which is considered as the target and priority country in terms of exports, decreased by 13 compared to last year. Turkey's largest trade partner, in the first 2014 years 10 the Russian Federation (January-October) of exports to that 5 million 72 thousand 273 dollars said Gurdogan, compared to the same period last year this figure was noted that there has been a decrease of 13 percent. Gürdoğan urged the efforts of the exporters to increase their exports to the Russian Federation again.
- High Capacity Freight Wagons Coming to Russia 27/07/2015 High-Capacity Freight Wagons are Coming to Russia: Eurosib SPb has agreed with the United States and Wagons to hire 1000 billet transport wagons. 13-6852 type wagons produced in United Wagons company's Tikhvin factory draw attention with their high load capacity. United Wagons, Deputy CEO Alexander Lukyanenko announced the 100 wagon order 24 at a press conference Friday (July). He also said that the wagons ordered were the best and unique production in the country in technical and economic terms. The design of the wagons that will be taken is different from the wagons currently used in the country. 74 with 3 weighing 13 X