Trabzon and Sumela Monastery in Turkey's major historical and tourist sites of 4 years to the end of the period of restoration work since approached the good news came from Macka Mayor Koray Koçhan.
President Koçhan said that the cable car project planned to be constructed at the Sumela Monastery will be implemented. The project consists of 3 2.5 kilometer-long cable car from the station will be tendered in February 19 2019 and he said the construction work of the project will begin in March.
With the completion and commissioning of the ropeway project, the number of visitors to Sümela, which is visited by 700 thousand people annually in the historical monastery, is expected to reach 2 million. Within the scope of the project, there will also be a view of the terraces.
In 2015, the historical monastery, where restoration works began, is planned to be completed in 2019 year and opened for a long time.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transportation News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- Environmentalist ropeway project at Sumela Monastery 28/09/2014 Environmentalist ropeway project to Sumela Monastery: 3 bin 2 meter ropeway consisting of 500 stations will be established for easy access to the historical Sumela Monastery in the national park in the Maçka district of Trabzon. Tourists visiting the Eastern Black Sea will visit one of the most visited tourist destinations in Trabzon's Maçka district. Macka Mayor Koray Kochan, AA correspondent, said the Salae Monastery with a cable car to be made a beautiful cruise area will occur and some difficulties in transportation will be prevented, he said. Koçhan stated that they care about the ropeway project, T
- What happened to the Sumela Monastery Ropeway Project? 28/09/2017 Maçka Mayor Koçhan said, fer 3 has not yet reached a stage in this annual process, ast said the project of construction of a cable car project to the Sumela Monastery of 3 years ago, and said that no progress has been made for the cable car project at Sumela Monastery. If the project is completed, the number of tourists will rise to 2 million. Mayor Koray Koçhan, who stated that they were upset by the completion of the lift, said: han I think the cable car in the Sumela monastery should have been done by this time. But there has not been any progress in this year yet. Ama Koçhan said, “If the ropeway project is completed, there is a traffic problem Koç
- Sumela Monastery and Uzungol Cable Car Project Will Gain Diversity for Tourism 20/02/2013 Sumela Monastery and Uzungol Cable Car Project to Gain Diversity in Tourism Within the scope of the tourism destinations carried out in Trabzon, Sümela Monastery and the cable car to Uzungöl will be extended to extend the stay of tourists. He is the chairman of the board of directors of the United Arab Emirates. Uzungöl Teleferik Construction Tourism and Energy Industry Trade Limited Company, founded by Necdet Kerem and businessman Şükrü Fettahoğlu from Trabzon, 15 October 2012, is continuing its efforts to implement the cable car project at 2 bin 403 meters in Uzungöl town of Çaykara town of Trabzon. The same company, in terms of faith tourism is one of the important centers of Turkey, Maçka ...
- Cable car project approved to Sümela Monastery 21/07/2014 The cable car project was approved at the Sumela Monastery: the project was approved to allow the climbing of Sumela Monastery to the cable car. Trabzon's Maçka district of the historical Sumela Monastery located in the Altindere Valley, the project prepared for the cable car is approved to be specified. Providing information about the subject of the Mayor of Maçka Koray Koçhan, Sümela'ya ropeway project, indicating the approval of the project in case of implementation of the project will be much more active, he said. Koçhan said: proj There are projects that we have done together with the General Directorate of National Parks related to Sumela, whether it is our municipality or our metropolitan municipality. For example, the cable car project to Sumela is currently approved. This project is a project that will save the future of Sumela. Also…
- Environmentalist ropeway project at the historical Sümela Monastery 28/09/2014 Environmentalist ropeway project for the historical Sümela Monastery: 3 bin 2 meter ropeway consisting of 500 stations will be established for easy access to the historical Sumela Monastery in the national park of Maçka district of Trabzon. Tourists visiting the Eastern Black Sea will visit one of the most visited tourist destinations in Trabzon's Maçka district. Macka Mayor Koray Kochan, AA correspondent, said the Salae Monastery with a cable car to be made a beautiful cruise area will occur and some difficulties in transportation will be prevented, he said. Önems
- Sumela Monastery ropeway project will increase tourism potential 29/01/2015 Sumela Monastery ropeway project will increase tourism potential: With the completion of works such as the modernization of the ropeway, infrastructure and facilities carried out in the Sumela Monastery in the Maçka district of Trabzon, which is one of the important cultural legacies of the world, the tourism potential of the region is aimed to increase even more. the number of tourists who visited the monastery will increase further. to increase the tourism potential Sumela monastery and the region will continue to work "-" Sumela monastery, the number of domestic and foreign tourists who visited last year, surpassed 30 thousand increased 500 percent compared to the previous year. We expect that this number will continue to increase in the coming year.
- Sumela Monastery cable car project created controversy 06/11/2015 Sümela Monastery ropeway project created controversy: the cable car project of the Governorship of Trabzon and the Metropolitan Municipality of Sümela Monastery, which was visited by approximately 700 thousand people, caused controversy. Although the authorities say taşıy We will consult with the experts jen, environmentalists are concerned that the project may disrupt the natural and cultural fabric. Stating that the project would take the cable car service to 2017 years later Provincial Director of Tourism, Culture Ismail Sharpless, "from the bottom up to the region of the monastery is located in 200-meter steep slopes are planning to establish a cable car system. Infrastructure works are in progress. However, the cable car system will not be installed next to a haphazard, historic structure. The EIA report will also be received. Ç Black Sea…
- Gumrukcuoglu: "Sumela Monastery Cable Car Project to be Implemented" 12/09/2017 Mayor of Trabzon Metropolitan Municipality Orhan Fevzi Gümrükçüoğlu held a chat meeting with members of the press. Chairman Gümrükçüoğlu, before the meeting held in the historic city hall with the Metropolitan Municipality completed by the Metropolitan Park II. stages of urban renewal. Giving detailed explanations to the press here, Gümrükçüoğlu said, bulunan In this case, municipal service units were created with makeshift buildings. It was a pleasure for us to restore the historic square and the historic town hall. As you all know, we first organized Meydan Park. We have upgraded the 4 bin m2 to 15 bin m2. The second stage was the public gain of this area. Just like…
- Sumela Monastery Ropeway Project Ready to Tender 12/07/2018 The first meeting of Trabzon Metropolitan Municipality was held in July. Mayor of Trabzon Metropolitan Municipality Orhan Fevzi Gümrükçüoğlu informed the members of the Assembly and the public in detail about the work carried out in the last month of the Municipal Assembly. After the information presentation of Chairman Gumuscuoglu, agenda items were discussed. The tender process for the cable car and cruise terrace to be constructed in Sumela Monastery and surrounding area in the Altındere Valley of Maçka district officially started with the decision taken in the Metropolitan Municipality Council. The issue was discussed today in the Metropolitan Municipality Council and referred to the Plan and Budget Commission. The Mayor of the Metropolitan Municipality, who made statements about the project, said, Proje
- Sümela Monastery is going to tender for cable car project 15/01/2019 The most serious steps are being taken for the Teleferic Project, which is planned to be constructed in the area where the Sümela Monastery is located in Trabzon. The project will be announced in the coming months, while for the construction work, 2 year 6 will be signed by the protocol for a new additional period. It was recorded that this additional period was due to the preparation stage of the project. The second stage of the Teleferik Project was constructed in the area where Sumela Monastery is located in Altındere Valley in Maçka District which is one of the most touristy areas of Trabzon. The tender for the project is planned to be made in the coming months, while for the construction work, the 2 year 6 will be signed with the protocol for the additional month. In the Altindere Valley Altın