Passenger train manufacturer Spanish Talgo has announced its first factory in the United Kingdom in Longannet, near Falkirk in Scotland. The company also plans to establish an innovation center in the UK, which will bring together British supplier companies in Chesterfield. The company, known as HS2, is one of the companies participating in the tender to produce trains for the high-speed train project that will connect the cities of London, Birmingham, Leeds and Manchester when all phases are completed.
According to the news on the 'Blog' page of the Ministry of Commerce, the company's Longannet plant is planned to be built on the land of the Longannet thermal power plant, which is not in use since 2016, and it is announced that the factory construction will last approximately 18 months.
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transport Technology News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- Flying Scotsman on roads again 29/02/2016 Flying Scots on the roads again: King's Cross station, one of London's largest train stations, witnessed a historic moment last Thursday. Flying Scotsman, one of the most famous trains in the world, departed from King's Cross station in York, England. Flying Scotsman was named Flying Scotsman due to the speed of the train in 1928. On the train that reduced the journey between London and Edinburgh to only eight hours, there was even a hairdresser service for passengers. Flying Scotsman, the first train to go between London and Edinburgh, was the first train to reach 1934 km in the UK in 160 Birleşik
- Acrow Bridge, Scotland A New Bridge to Glen Cannich 15/04/2014 Acrow Bridge, Scotland A New Bridge to Glen Cannich: Acrow is Building a New Bridge to Glen Cannich in the Highlands of Scotland. New Prefabricated Modular Steel Bridge Replaces Muchrachd Bridge Over Cannich River Acrow Bridge, a leading international bridge engineering and supply company, near Muchrachd Bridge in Glen Cannich, near the Retro Bridge client for Scottish Highland Council and McGregor Construction contractor also announced the successful opening of the bridge. The new bridge weighs 120 tons, is 52 meters long, has a single girder structure of prefabricated modular steel and has a large X
- Talgo company EurAsiaRail at 2015 05/03/2015 Talgo company stands at EurAsiaRail 2015 10.hol C1. You can visit in order.
- High-speed train line between Ankara and Istanbul was agreed with the Spanish firm Thales for two upgrade projects in ETCS section 10/02/2012 TCDD has signed an agreement with the Spanish company Thales to establish an ETCS Level 251 and GSM-R communication system in the 2 km section of the existing high-speed train line between Ankara and Istanbul. The first part of the line between Xinjiang and Eskisehir 20 km 'section of the distribution and control of the project is reported to increase. This line is known as the first DUdUr speed train lines in Turkey. It was learned that the contract was signed with Thales on February in 250. In a statement from Thales, the tender was also included in ETCS Level 1 önceden
- Japan's Hitachi Builds Railway Traffic System in UK 26/07/2015 Japanese Hitachi Company Builds Railway Traffic System in the UK: British Railways infrastructure company Network Rail has signed a new agreement with Japanese firm Hitachi. According to the agreement, Hitachi undertook the signaling operations of London's north and south Thameslink railways. The price of the agreement is announced as 6,5 billion euros. Hitachi was also chosen to do the same in certain regions in the west of England. Network Rail 2014 launched a joint venture with Thales for rail traffic control of Cardiff and Ramford districts in the east of London. Hitachi is a company that provides signaling and control models for the new traffic control system kontrol
- TALGO 27/01/2010 Address: Paseo del Tren Talgo 2 28290 34 91 6 31 38 00 34 91 6 31 38 93 XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX XNUMX X: //www.talgo.com Contact: Mr Carlos Basagoiti
- TALGO EurasiaRail at 2013 07/03/2013 We will share our in-city and intercity rail system solutions at the EurasiaRail 7 fair, which will be held in Istanbul Expo Center between 9-2013 March 2013 as TALGO. 9. We will be pleased to welcome you at our TALGO booth, located in F1 area.
- Russia to Use Talgo Wagons Instead of Siemens on High Speed Train 13/06/2014 Russia Will Use Talgo Wagons Instead of Siemens: 11 In June 2014 The President of the Russian Railways Vilademir Yakunin will be working on the Minsk-Berlin-Berlin line from December 2015 and currently under construction Talgo wagons will be used in the following stages. Velaro stated that it will replace Russian train sets. The contract was signed with Talgo. It was stated that wagons would be subjected to a number of tests, primarily climate.
- TÜMOSAN and Talgo Signs Agreement 15/01/2015 TÜMOSAN and Talgo Signs Agreement signed: The agreement signed between Tümosan and Talgo for the purpose of joint production of high-speed train sets. The ceremony was held with the participation of senior executives of two companies, with the participation of Tümosan and a letter of intent on the transfer of joint projects, initiatives or technology transfer between the Spanish company Patentes Talgo SLU operating in the field of train, high-speed train and railway equipment. Speaking at the ceremony, Chairman of the Board of Directors Nuri Albayrak Albayrak, he said last year 10 the start of a new era in which they live rail mobilization and Turkey met the fast train, "until the announced government policy 2023 10 thousand years ...
- TÜMOSAN and Talgo are working to produce high-speed trains to Saudi Arabia 18/03/2015 TÜMOSAN and Talgo are working to produce high-speed trains to Saudi Arabia: TÜMOSAN, the tractor manufacturer, signed a contract with XMUMX million euros with SSM. Tümosan General Manager Albayrak, "Altay tank will produce the engine," he said Tractor manufacturer TÜMOSAN, Undersecretariat for Defense Industries (SSM) with the Power Group Development Project under the 190 million-euro contract was signed. The contract envisions the development of the engine and powertrain of the Altai battle tank. TÜMOSAN Chairman of the Board of Directors, Nuri Albayrak, announced that the first year 190 tank engine and transmission is planned to be produced. Power group project contract, XINX in the month of Altai combat tank engine and powertrain ubu