Due to the heavy troubles in metro transportation in New York, problems in public transportation in the city will be solved by rail system.
It has been announced that New York Mayor Bill de Blasio has completed a two-year feasibility study (BQX streetcar) project.
The City of New York said the trams would work between Brooklyn and Queens.
According to the New York City Council, the railroads and trams will cost around 2.73 billion dollars to the city in the first place.
'When trams start working, New York will earn $ 1 million more annually.'
It was emphasized that the city economy will be contributed to 30 billion annually with the start of trams in New York. Trams going into service will carry 50 thousand passengers in the first year. New York City Council will also receive funding from the federal funds in the financing of the project.
Trams will be a new symbol of New York
After the approval of the project in the first stage of the trams in the city to ensure the harmonization of the environment will begin work. The construction phase of the project will start in 2020. In 2024 the construction of the rail system will begin.
The latest technology will be implemented on trams in New York. Trams will become a new symbol of the city when it is put into service.
Source : I www.amerikaninsesi.co
- Click to share on Facebook (opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (opens in new window)
- Click to share in WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (opens in new window)
- Click to share in the telegram (opens in new window)
- Click to share in Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share in Tumblr (opens in new window)
- Click to share via email to your friend (opens in new window)
- Click to print (opens in new window)
Related Transportation News
Similar Railway News and Other News That May Interest You
- New York's Longest Story Metro 10/05/2017 New York is one of the top tourist cities of America and the world. The New York subway facilitates transportation for the people of New York as well as for tourists. So, when did the New York Metro open, how did it come to its present? The answer to these questions comes from New York correspondent Aslı Pelit. The New York metro, opened in 1904, is one of the oldest public transport systems in the world. The New York Metro is one of the most used systems in the world, as well as the system with the most stations. New York's subway, known as 'the city that never sleeps', does not sleep. 24 hours open X
- This is Russia's crazy project from London to New York 26/03/2015 This is Russia's crazy project from London to New York, the highway. According to the news in the Iberian Times, Russian Railways President Vladimir Yakunin, the existing trans-Siberian railroad next to a high-speed train network proposed. One of the ultimate goals of the project is to connect North America and Asia. Moreover, it will be supported not only by train network but also by a motorway. There is no explanation of how to cross the Bering Strait between the two continents, meaning how to get from Siberia to Alaska, but a bridge, tunnel or ferry service is aimed at combining two continents. The project is not limited to this ... Two continents Proje
- What will be the Haydarpaşa railway station? 24/09/2012 Built by Sultan Abdülhamid-i Sani, Haydarpaşa railway station is one of the symbols of Istanbul. Sultan II. There is a plaque to be built by Abdulhamid. This building has many features. It is the starting point of the railways, Baghdad and Medina railways. Many cities of Anatolia are opened from here. When they arrived at the Haydarpaşa station, those who came from Anatolia were aware of Istanbul. Those who went to Anatolia would live the most grateful state of farewell here. For a long time, the AK Party ruled along with the Haydarpasa station and was the subject of a lot of news about the environment. For a while, there was a Mahnatten style of construction in this area. Stopped with an intense counter campaign. Monuments ...
- Bursa Nostalgic Tram is the symbol of the Republic Street 11/09/2011 Cumhuriyet Street, which passes through the hearts of historical bazaars and inns, becomes the showcase of Bursa with Nostalgic tram project. Starting from Gökdere Meydancık Bridge and following YeniCumhuriyet Caddesi and Cumhuriyet Street, the nostalgic tram line of 1,5, which will reach the Zafer Plaza from the middle of the Historic Hanlar Area, has reached the stage. The tramways will be closed to the vehicle traffic, the street will be converted into a pedestrian axle from the height of the street as well as to be applied to the facade healthization system will become a region of attraction. As the efforts to enter the Bazaar and the Hanlar Region into the UNESCO World List, the nostalgic tram project will add value to the region. With the project that will resemble the model of Istiklal Street in Istanbul, commercial habits in the region İstanbul
- New York Metro to be the Best in the World 01/08/2016 The New York Metro Will Be the Best in the World: The technology revolution will take place in the New York subway, known as one of the world's oldest metro networks. Speeding up the modernization of the New York subway, the authorities said the new five-year road plan will make the city's metro system one of the best and most modern metro systems in the world. Seeking to provide its passengers with the most modern and state-of-the-art metro, the Metropol Transport Administration (MTA) will invest a full 27 billion dollars into the New York subway. All wagons will be upgraded The new generation of cars will be equipped with the most advanced high technology. Wi-Fi connections in all cars, V
- Trams will be air conditioned in Konya 13/04/2012 Konya Metropolitan Municipality, which puts its works on new rail system investments and new tram purchases, has started work on the installation of air conditioners in all the tramways serving the city transportation. Konya Metropolitan Municipality Transportation Planning and Rail System Department is serving within the trams of air conditioning system is installed. Trams running a daily 310 between Alaaddin Hill and the Alaaddin Keykubat Campus, which have an important place in the city transport, carry around 30 million passengers annually. In the 1992, the Alaadddin-Cumhuriyet line and the Alaaddin-Kampus line in the 1995 tramway service.
- Trains will be a problem again 13/05/2015 Tramways in Konya will be a problem again: Konya tram is one of the most talked about topics in every period. So now the schools are closed and after the schools are closed right after the tram lines are being remodeled tram So after the schools closed last year, the problem of not working in the tram between the bus station and the bus station between the bus stop this time again at the same time after the schools closed and this time in Ramadan Alaaddin-Otogar is said to be lived between. Already under normal conditions, even when the tram is working normally, especially in the business entrance and exit hours on the campus to the right side of the city can not provide the correct passenger transport, tram
- Will the buses and trams in Konya be free during the holidays 10/09/2016 In Konya, buses and trams will be free during the holidays: Konya Metropolitan Municipality announced that buses and trams will provide free services on the first day of the Feast of Sacrifice. Konya Metropolitan Municipality, the Kurban Day before the city made all the necessary preparations. Metropolitan, said in a statement on the first day of feast buses and trams would be free. The Transportation Planning and Rail System Department, which will provide a discounted service of 50 on the second, third and fourth days of the festival, took all necessary measures to ensure that citizens spend their holidays more comfortable and peaceful.
- Buses and trams will be free until GaziantepKart is activated 05/06/2017 Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality has announced that boarding passes are free of charge until the new art GaziantepKart in takes place in municipal buses and trams. The Metropolitan Municipality has started a transition to the, GaziantepKart halk system, which is a new card in public buses, municipal buses and tram. Constantly developing and growing rapidly following the rapid technological developments in the world, the Metropolitan Municipality has launched innovation in smart city and intelligent transportation. Due to the expiration of the art Kart27 “public transport electronic system, the transition to the new” GaziantepCard UM system, which has many innovations in the smart city and smart transportation area, has been initiated. In the statement made by Gaziantep Metropolitan Municipality, ehir
- Metro and trams will be at least 51 domestic 07/11/2017 The Prime Ministry Circular was issued in the Official Gazette for the production of the metro, light rail, tram and similar vehicles with the minimum of 51 domestic goods. In the circular published by the signature of Prime Minister Binali Yildirim, the approval of the projects and specifications of the ropeway, funicular, monorail, subway and city rail systems and the standards and duties of the Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications of 26 / 09 / 2011 decree 15. He was reminded of the Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications. In this context, public institutions and municipalities, provided that they comply with the principles of safety, security, savings and competition da