In 2004, the companies' external credit debt was 27.5 billion dollars. Now 115.8 is a billion dollars. 2004 60'den was the debt of industrial companies. Now 60 percent of the services. Within the services, 60 is also responsible for construction, transportation and real estate yüzde
The Central Bank (MB) keeps the tally of the credit debts of the private sector from abroad. In addition to its long, short-term distributions, it also publishes the sectoral gang.
The foreign exchange risk of the private sector is not limited to “loans obtained from abroad.. Foreign currency loans from domestic banks are also naturally affected by the exchange rate movement. According to economist Hakan Özyıldız, 26 updated in May, the amount of foreign currency loans provided by companies from domestic banks by the end of February is 187 billion dollars. According to the first quarter results of the 2018 announced by the CBT (including the financial sector), the borrowings from abroad are also 245.5 billion dollars. Of this, 115.8 billion dollars is on real sector companies. The sectoral breakdown of the loans used from abroad gives an idea about which sectors borrowed the most, which sectors increased rapidly and which sectors had relatively less exchange rate risk. 2004 - 2018 1. The facts that the quarterly table allows to say are as follows:
- The total amount of loans provided by non-financial companies abroad from 2004 is 27.5 billion dollars. Now 115.8 billion dollars. The increase rate is 320 percent. 6
- 2004'te 60'te percent of the loans went to the industry.2018'de landscape reversed. percent 60 this time went to “services.. This is the first case that should be underlined in the table of indebtedness.
- The second remarkable figure; 2004 - 2018 In the 1Ç period, there was an increase of 193.3 in the external loans of industrial sectors. 500 percent increase in services! The industry was below the average (320.6 percent), above services.
- 4 subsector: Transport-storage, construction, real estate and health. The increase in external loans is as follows: 2.056 percent, 772 percent, 2.134 percent and 2.227 percent! The increase in depolama transportation storage ”consists of bridge, highway, airport projects, increase in health and health campus projects.
- Percentages and proportions do not mean much in itself. From the amount, the situation is more striking: the 3 sector with the highest borrowings in construction, infrastructure, real estate and services, and the 68.5 billion dollar (41.5) of the total $ 60.1 billion loan is in this 3 sector.
- There is another 2 sector with high external loan debt in services: the size of foreign credit in information and communications is 9.9 billion dollars. It is due to the infrastructure investments of its operators. The second highest indebted sector Wholesale and retail trade; 5.3 billion dollars! But in this 2 sector, the annual increase of 14 is relatively low. 3.4 billion dollars in external credit in health care!
- In the industrial sector, there is no sector approaching to manufacturing, external credit debt construction and transportation - storage sectors. The sector with the highest debt in manufacturing is X food, beverages and tobacco products la with a billion dollars of 5.4. De Manufacture of coke and refined petroleum products with a loan amount of 4.4 billion is remarkable. This sector is in the first place in the foreign credit increase with 7.285 percent. In the second place, “administrative and support service activities X are the 4.253 increase (including construction machinery rental, vehicle rental, aircraft rental, tour operators).
- 608 million dollars in external credit debt in the agricultural sector. Low level. Mining and quarrying have 5 billion dollar external loan debt, and in the last 14 year, indebtedness has increased nearly 10 times.
Source: İBRAHİM EKİNCİ - I www.dunya.co